ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sony - PS3 - Losing 'it'?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Lol @ the fanboy war..oh Luke what have you started :dapprove:

E87 118d M Sport
You cannot call that ps one a different generation console to the playstation..

uh i didnt? i said:

ive had a ps,ps1,ps2,ps3.
my brother has had an xbox,360 premium,360elite

have you ever had an xbox to base your opinion on?

ive never directly owned an xbox, but used to religiously play halo with my brother (online and off), have played fallout3, gta3/4, COD4/5 etc on both consoles. even my brother recently says the ps3 is a much better console on the whole, and he's owned three of the things. i play on the xbox regularly, but again, IMO the ps3 is better for what i need it for.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
i've got a couple one for the birds, one for home... only one ps3 as i can't transfer my save games/profile between consoles as easily as i can with an xbox.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
ive never directly owned an xbox, but used to religiously play halo with my brother (online and off), have played fallout3, gta3/4, COD4/5 etc on both consoles. even my brother recently says the ps3 is a much better console on the whole, and he's owned three of the things.

i prefer the 360 controller for RPG/first person but the PS controller for racing.

lol, see I'm the opposite I have no major issue with the PS3 joypad for sandbox or FPS style games (the slight discomfort aside) but it really is useless for driving games thanks to the position of the joysticks, operation of them and the woefully inadequate triggers that have pitiful amount of travel and are poorly designed in terms of shape/size.

E87 118d M Sport
have you got a set of these turkish? (gioteck real triggers)
real-triggers-line-drawing.jpg

if not, get yourself a set
http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStati...d:2732372401&gclid=CLLO45Oq9p0CFeZr4wodQRNAqw

That still doesn't solve my other multiple issues with the dawn of time designed PS pad. Lets face it it should have had a proper rework by now or at very least a european/US spec joypad available for people with man sized hands. That layout was penned in an era when ergonomic was not applied to joypads.

E87 118d M Sport
yeah i see what your saying. ive just kinda played it for so long that it feels.....right now. i can play for hours and hours confortably and it feels fine.
wonder if there will ever be a redesign or if the actual fanboys will be too protective over their beloved controller lol?

A problem with a lot of the xbox fan boys is they are comparing the launch PS3 to the xbox rather than its current incarnation. The overwhelming consensus on any dedicated gaming forum you care to read is that the PS3 has had a better 2009 than the xbox. For reasons that very few on here know about and probably won't be arsed to find out!

No idea tbh. I spend years playing with that joypad on the ps1 and ps2 for countless hours and while fine at the time (compared to the competition that was about) it really needs a rework IMO. Games rely alot more heavily on the joysticks now and that pad is from a time when they were a new addition rather than the standard control method and it shows when using it, especially after spending any reasonable amount of time with a 360 pad.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
as for 360s breaking, i think its just from people not treating them like a high tec bit of equipment.

Yes, i'm sure the 55% failure rate announced by M$, all with faults relating to poor material and overheating is due to people not treating them like high tec equipment. ;)

Oh and the 360 isn't so 'hi-tec' when most Gaming PC's are more powerful !

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I don't think the design is a bad one, but I can understand what your saying. Maybe a slight rework. But by making it fractionally bigger. Extending the triggers slightly more (which they already have) and move the analogous up a lit

Yes tbh its tiresome but again another thread bashing the ps3 by someone not as informed as they could be. You won't find many (any!) Threads started to slate the xbox as PS3 owners aren't that needy;)

Lol @ the fanboy war..oh Luke what have you started :dapprove:

Bumder With A Buffer
were not talking about pc's tho. i know what he means. again, kids.

N64 controller was the shiz!!!!!!!!!

Atari Jaguar one was s**t and so was the Dreamcast one

N64 controller I found a little bit awkward..mainly when you were using the axis controller, gripping the centre bit with your left hand and then needed to press the d buttons it was like "errr I need another hand" :(

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
were not talking about pc's tho. i know what he means. again, kids.

N64 controller was the shiz!!!!!!!!!

Eh ? It wasn't bitchy I was just pointing out.. the PS3 and 360 aren't so hi-tec anymore..

although the fact that he is so deluded to believe that 1500-2500 consoles per day.. just in the UK.. all with the same faults.. is somehow related to how they are treated by their owners is laughable.

Bumder With A Buffer
Eh ? It wasn't b**chy I was just pointing out.. the PS3 and 360 aren't so hi-tec anymore..

although the fact that he is so deluded to believe that 1500-2500 consoles per day.. just in the UK.. all with the same faults.. is somehow related to how they are treated by their owners is laughable.

I remember a quote you said once in a PS3 thread about the fan kicking up every now and then..

PS3 Fan = Design feature
XBOX Fan = Design Flaw.

Soooo true :)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
dc.jpg

XBOX_controller.jpg

They look quite similar! Was I the only one that preferred the chunky controls?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
It feels lush in my hands. The ones they released afterwards were probably better, i just got used to BIG controllers for my BIG hands. Hence why playing a ps3 hurts, and gives me EPIC cramp.

Formally Clio 182
TBH f**k the PS3, I'm looking forward to the PS9.

[youtube]V5EIZzcjyc0[/youtube]

Last edited:
  Bumder With A Buffer
In my case the PS3 fan = part of the DOLBY surround sound, I could stand at an airshow and watch more silent fighter planes, lol.

If I have mine upstairs and stream a mooovie to it at night or something and turn it off, I can here the fan in there when its on standby. Never noticed it before but once I heard it there I always notice it now. It faint as f**k but just anooying.

Like a wasp hovering near your ear :(

Trust me mine isn't a background noise I genuinely have to turn my amp up to hear the film/game over the f**king thing.

Bumder With A Buffer
Trust me mine isn't a background noise I genuinely have to turn my amp up to hear the film/game over the f**king thing.

Oh im not disputing that yours isn't noisy. Interestingly the 2 I repaired recently for Andy on here and my mate were quiet as anything yet mines newer :S

Having said that mine was quiter then the Jet Engined XBOX my mate lent me a couple of months back!

My missus even commented on how loud that was!

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Minds getting a bit like that... but I wouldn't say it was louder than the xbox at all. Was totally silent once :(

Mito Sportiva 135
If you look at the sales figures, for both consoles and games, it is a fairly mixed picture really and not a lot separating the 2 formats. However, the attach rate of games is higher for 360s than PS3s, and also the amount of profit being generated (and exponentially growing) is massive. I own a 360 and personally love it for the online, fair enough you have to pay for (although only £23 from eBay) and also the controller.

I don't think the PS3 is losing it though, just look at the reception for Unchartered 2.

I think the depressing thing overall for gaming is that Wii Fit then went and knocked it off the top spot...

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
my ps3 is pretty quiet, tried doing that power up with the power button held thing? clean it out etc?

6/468 17poo
if xbox had a bluray drive, it would easily win, im after a bluray player but i might aswell just buy a ps3 for the money!

E87 118d M Sport

dont worry, he drives an L-reg bmw. (and no "youve got a shitty clio wont work on here will ;))

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
if xbox had a bluray drive, it would easily win, im after a bluray player but i might aswell just buy a ps3 for the money!

Bluray is a dying format, sales are through the floor with so many places offering HD downloads now...I give bluray 18 months...'IMO'

This thread needs locking, no side is going to back down....not when im right and youre all wrong...:rasp:

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
Eh ? It wasn't b**chy I was just pointing out.. the PS3 and 360 aren't so hi-tec anymore..

deluded... sure why not
eyepoke.gif

i would not be surprised if a lot of the problems are caused by owners. i know why 90% of Sony's products are sent back.