ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sony STR-DN1040 AV Receiver

I've been through a good few AV amps before in the £500-750 bracket. Mostly Denon and Yamaha.

I was recently in the market for a new machine and read great things about this Sony. I bought it without a demo, and didn't really know what to expect.

It's amazing. Such a natural sound. Brilliant steering, and it never gets bright even when running higher volumes. Very few downsides for the price.

So there you go.

Yeah they make some good stuff. I don't have any brand loyalty. I just buy what's good at the time. Sony has never really been on my radar, but this amp is getting good reviews, and they are justified.

182, SQ7, Trafic
We've been using Pioneer recently, some of the AVR's are cheap too and excellent quality.

Only seen a couple of Sonys and they were a bit old and s**t.

2014 Focus Titanium
I've previously had an entry level Onkyo which was ok, now a low-midrange Denon which I really like. I'm like Munson, no real brand loyalty with AVRs (although I do with speakers) I just try and get the best for my money at that particular time.

My next AVR will be one that has stereo pre-outs so I can get an amp on board.