ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Soooo, 20 years of the Clio....

Megane 225 F1
Wow im the same age of the clio, i seem to have stayed together a bit more though and not broken ...

DB.

BMW 440i
Wow im the same age of the clio, i seem to have stayed together a bit more though and not broken ...

Same lol! Also, im not made of plastic and made so cheaply!

Good cars, do what they say on the tin at a reasonable price!

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
I mostly like them, much prefer the mk1's though, so much more character & the fact they're really cheap to buy & look after makes them much more appealing to keep & have fun with :cool:

Mk1 Clio 1.4L RT
So have allot of other cars, I dont see what the problem with them are, mine has never really had a major problem. The water pump died, but that was the rubber seals had gone and that was because it had been standing for over a year. Good cars, not perfect but good. As Dave63 said 'Good cars, do what they say on the tin at a reasonable price!'

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I bought my Ph1 172 18 months ago and generally I'm impressed how well the car is put together for a french car. My previous car was a Citroen Xsara which was the worst car I've ever owned. Its the first Renault I've ever owned and I would have another one any day. I'm not so sure that the standard cars were as well put together as the RS models in the years prior to the Ph1 Clios though. I had a look at a couple of mk1 clios for my daughter a few years ago and most of them were rotten under the bonnet and front subframes. Once the Mk2 clios came out the build quality seems to have improved a lot.
Theres no corrosion on my car after ten years apart from the bonnet which was one of the ones that wasnt rustproofed properly at the factory when the car was built. Not all of the Ph1 RS clios got aluminium bonnets.
I honestly cant find many faults with my Clio and the grin factor when I drive it is something else.

Clio
ive had every shape clio upto 2004 shape and the one ive got now ive had 6 years friday and many many many more years left in it yet

verdict . VERY GOOD CARS

ali-ham

ClioSport Club Member
  williams + 182's
my first car was a mk1 1.2, never let me down and my journey of clio's started from there. I've had 16 clio's in ten years everything from mk1's including 16 valves to my ff182. Ive had the odd bit of silly trouble but never anything major (worst was on my 1.2 16v run about, cracked head, but £100 for an engine and half a days work had that sorted LOL!). They are cheaper made than some makes but that is reflected in price. Ive had quite a few other makes as well and can say none are without their trouble. ive been very well impressed with clio's and am looking at a 200 ATM.:D

Clio 1970000000
What is the first registration that a clio was available on? Oldest I have seen is probably K reg which is circa 1992.

IIRC he can't get his warranty issues sorted out because his car is too low to drive to a dealers. This is Renault's fault.

120d M Sport
When the MK2 came out in '98 I couldn't stand the rear end. Never thought I'd end up owning one, actually a good looking car (well the phase two anyway!) Good fun too.

Last edited: