ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South central - Regal Autosport Rolling Rd day NOV

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi to everyone I chatted to and we had a lovely lunch and drive on the way back cheers Flech.

:)

Cheers for the pint Matt, very enjoyable day. Beer, steak sandwich and good roads what more do you need :D

So come on, what were the figures? Was it a hi reading rolling road?

Think mine was only one reading accurately ;)

183.2 bhp @ 6337rpm and 165.2 lbft @ 5178rpm

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for the pint Matt, very enjoyable day. Beer, steak sandwich and good roads what more do you need :D

You must be losing power somewhere then mate. Didn't you get 200bhp at Trax? ;)

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
195.3. think the rollers are about 10bhp out so il call it 185 which should be about right with the zorst. and after going out in matts trophy i think a jms map is on the cards next.

No chance!

195.3. think the rollers are about 10bhp out so il call it 185 which should be about right with the zorst. and after going out in matts trophy i think a jms map is on the cards next.

More than likely 15-20 out tbh. I've seen 182's with much more modifications only making around 175bhp. Rolling roads are only really any good for back to back runs comparing different modifications/AFR and more in depth things other than what bhp it makes.

Some happy results there! Sure it was a good day out :)

RR days do irritate me a little as its just not really what the equipment is there for, the worst thing is people quote these figures "can you beat this car at this RR day that got (insert figure)".

Figures are only relevant for measurement against the other cars on the day, and if you do prior and post runs orientated around modifications on the same RR. Take Autoba (Tim) for instance, he's coming to us for Stage 1 & 2 in the next couple of weeks and has requested before and after results which of course is not a problem - and really how it should be done if you want to see whats going on and understand what it is your doing to your car :star:

Of course no taking away from the fact that its a great day out for all involved, cars, owners, noise and powwaaa runs ;)

Dynamique Flamer
WTF most randomest post ever. The day was designed for a bit of fun. Some of us have not got mods etc but wanted to join in I don't see why that matters. A lot of people ran that weren't from here and most had superchargers and nods that they wanted to get figures for. I had a really enjoyable day. So I would defo do an RR day again even if it not what they are designed for :rolleyes:

clio/fireblade
that rr day was cool a great if not very cold day,my standard 172 cup hit 184 bhp,my mates hit 183 bhp,the main thing is that they are running well.some nice cars there too.nice to meet a few of you

Sorry your missing my point slightly. They are great days out no doudt, been to a few!

WTF most randomest post ever. The day was designed for a bit of fun. Some of us have not got mods etc but wanted to join in I don't see why that matters. A lot of people ran that weren't from here and most had superchargers and nods that they wanted to get figures for. I had a really enjoyable day. So I would defo do an RR day again even if it not what they are designed for :rolleyes:

^Kerry, Tom wasn't having a pop just stating that different Rolling Roads read differently and that Regal's figures should be taken with a pinch of salt.

I know everyone who attended had a good time and thanks for organising it.

:)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
that rr day was cool a great if not very cold day,my standard 172 cup hit 184 bhp,my mates hit 183 bhp,the main thing is that they are running well.some nice cars there too.nice to meet a few of you

I did wonder how owned the 2 cups.

Did Sam (with the saxo) uploaded any pics yet?

Renault Sport Clio 182
well i think my results was 110% accurate!!!! 189bhp with a blow in the exhaust, oh and the water lol :eek:

had a blast on the way home and hardly any water came out so im guessing that cleared it all, new exhaust system in January though :cool:

where does the water come from?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
well i think my results was 110% accurate!!!! 189bhp with a blow in the exhaust, oh and the water lol :eek:

had a blast on the way home and hardly any water came out so im guessing that cleared it all, new exhaust system in January though :cool:

where does the water come from?

lol...

I think the water comes from condensation.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
this was about 75 years worth of condensation then.

imagine a firemans hose on full whack!

The water coming out of the zorst was the highlight of the day ;)

from another thread...

''182 exhaust fill up with water just from the condensation (i've taken them off with loads sloshing about). I doubt you'll get it out by just driving.

For future reference, LOTS of revs to go thorugh deep water''

The condensation issue is great fun if someone is tailgating you. Just open up the beans and leave them in a cloud of water and steam. The number of people who think there is something wrong with the car. Can be annoying though.