ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South West Rolling Road day results

I was well chuffed with my result! :cool:

My cup made 197.8 bhp @ 6855rpm and 160.8 ft/lb @ 5595 rpm.

Mods are:

Prospeed Exhaust
Prospeed Decat
Phase 1 airbox
ITG panel filter
2 70mm cold air feeds
Samco induction bend
Ported and gas flowed throttle body
AWT Matched inlets and plenum
RS TUNING REMAP

Heres the rr printout if anyone wants to compare.

SP_A0146.jpg

user_online.gif

it made 140bhp ATW, is it really losing almost 60bhp (30%) from the flywheel to wheels, i thought FWD cars only lost about 18-20%?

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
Andy at powerstation said you cant go by the wheel power on a rolling road because its free rolling. Had the car rr when i first had it, had a scorpion cat back system and pipercross cone filter. Made 180 bhp and 143 ft/lb. So have gained 18 bhp and 17.8 ft/lb. All done on the same rolling road for comparison. Guess i had a good one to start with!:cool: As for the ported throttle body they usually crop up on ebay. Think the company who did it were www.headtune.co.uk .

Andy at powerstation said you cant go by the wheel power on a rolling road because its free rolling.

sorry but thats not true mate, the RR measures power ATW, NOTHING else, its the wheels that have contact with the rollers, so power measured is the power ATW...?

Sounds a bit strange for a RR guy to say that?

172 Race Car
Chris (Burp & Anim@l's mate)
Car; Nissan 350Z
Mods; standard
Bhp 277.3 @ 6640rpm
Tourqe 251.3 @ 4985rpm

Book power
287bhp
274lbft

Richard (adeyspec racing's mate)
Car; Clio phase1 172
Mods; cone filter
Bhp 169@ 7085rpm
Tourqe 137.1 @ 5875rpm

book power
166bhp

Jeremy (Ash87's dad)
Car; Clio 182 trophy
Mods; standard
Bhp 174.8 @ 7105rpm
Tourqe 137.8 @ 5815rpm

book power
176bhp

Daniel
Car; BMW M3
Mods; custom induction kit (headlight removed)
Bhp 321.8@ 7365rpm
Tourqe 261.1 @ 3685rpm

book power
321bhp

Doesnt look like it over reads much to me. Yea we had some surprising figures but how can it be explained when they were all ran in the same way, on the same day, on the same road?

FF Blackgold 182
Some cool pics there Jay. :approve: I only managed to get a pic of mine on the rollers, on my phone! Doh! :dapprove: Got a few myself, I may put them up in a minute.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
good pics, kind of wish i came now, but oh well funds didn't allow.

looking forward to eurofest after spangling the car up yesterday.

would like to get some rr for mine, would also like to think about long term mods too.......

fmp's engine would be sweet

FF Blackgold 182

would like to get some rr for mine, would also like to think about long term mods too.......

Yeah, gonna be a busy weekend what with Trax the following day as well! Should be good though. Looking forward to seeing ur car in the metal Neil. :cool:

SchwepTek™

Yeah, gonna be a busy weekend what with Trax the following day as well! Should be good though. Looking forward to seeing ur car in the metal Neil. :cool:

Aww do i have to put up with oyu for 2 whole days? ;)

I get back from NY at midnight on friday night LOL so gonna be fooked!

FF Blackgold 182
Never been to Trax before, so I thought I would this year. Yeah, I'd definately try and blag it through work if I were you.

FF Blackgold 182

Aww do i have to put up with oyu for 2 whole days? ;)

I get back from NY at midnight on friday night LOL so gonna be fooked!

Yes you do! x ;)

DSCF0785.gif

Awwwww Mace looks rather depressed in this pic........a good half hour later! :(

I was gonna say the same thing, but thought it would be cruel to point it out! :rasp:

FF Blackgold 182
IMG_6822.jpg

IMG_6825.jpg

IMG_6830.jpg

Hearing loss a few years down the line FTL!! Fingers in your ears FTW!!

IMG_6813.jpg

Sadly, they didn't put this on the rollers! :evil: ;

IMG_6815.jpg

Andy from Powerstation said that this is going to have to be weighed down with sandbags at the back, to stop it leaping off the rollers! Dax Rush with 1200cc motorbike engine and a rather larger turbo! :cool: ;

IMG_6823.jpg

Up rocks
Quade
Car; Clio 172cup
Mods; phase1 airbox, itg panel, samco induction bend, prospeed exhaust & de-cat, ported throttle body, angelworks matched inlets, rstunning group n based remap.
Bhp 197.8@ 7125rpm
Tourqe 160.7@ 5920rpm

Nice result there, got to be happy with that.

Mk2 172
is there much increase with a v6 airbox over the standard phase 1 box.....

group buy bomber on engine mods......lol
yup as jay said a little bit ago, dont have std airbox at the moment anyway. it seems ive just come to a cross roads lol, am going to go back to basics a little, do some saving and at begining of next year see whats happening with the car finances. mmmmmmmm throttle bodies and AST's FTW:S

hell, id love to buy my other mates CTR, sounds fapping awsome:evil:

Oh yes :) AST's and bodies is defo the way ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Vee 205bhp!!!!!!!!!!!! Ehhhh! WTF! :S

The fans were blowing into the front grills which obviously doesnt do anything on a Vee so Mace blames it on that LOL!

Should have had fans blowing air into the pods.

Hummm, yes i agree about that! We aimed it at mine as best as possible. Some RR's have separate fans! moveable!

Vee 205bhp!!!!!!!!!!!! Ehhhh! WTF! :S
it didn't feel right on the rollers acording to andy the operator. lumpy.

:S Fueling? maybe worth firing it on a diagnostic machine.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Great day out thanks for organising it. im happy with my little improvement dont know if it will stay or whether it will go. maces car could have felt lumpy do to the air, and its best to have moveable fans.

M

mini-valver

That Fuzzi guy must be titsed, he reckoned he had about 130bhp, LOL!

SchwepTek™
Hahaha good stuff! I need to go back anyway when i get my new induction setup. WilT needs to have his done to compare with ours too!