ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South West Rolling Road day results

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Looks like some great results there, Justin must be pleased! Rs Tuner kit is obviously doing good as well ;)

Very happy fella.

Rs tuner has made such a difference to day to day driving too. A great improvement.

172 Race Car
If anyone fancies running again after more mods/problems rectified etc, or missed the day, then Andy at Powerstation is organising a day himself for the Rallye register. He said we could run a few cars then if we wanted. Probably later in the day, after the 106's

bomber?
Wilt?
Macev6?
Schweppy?
Ash87?

Date is:

18th October

Qashcow
is at the severn springs at 7.30.

i'll be up for the RR again, will have new IK and matched inlets by then, in theory :S

F1 R26 #1939 265BHP
Ill be up for going again been speaking to RS tuning and he said get it ran again in 3rd so wanna see if its any different!

Clio
If anyone fancies running again after more mods/problems rectified etc, or missed the day, then Andy at Powerstation is organising a day himself for the Rallye register. He said we could run a few cars then if we wanted. Probably later in the day, after the 106's

bomber?
Wilt?
Macev6?
Schweppy?
Ash87?

Date is:

18th October

I'll let you know mate. The Clio is not my favourite at the moment, but was looking at the Dax website and apparently one of those bike engine turbo jobbies are only about 15K from what I could make out...;)

Mk2 172
who was the bloke with the k tec itb kit?

The kit is actually made and designed by OMEX and is then sold by ktec, GDI etc etc. Same cost wherever you buy from too which is good :)
Just dont have the kit with the 60mm trumpets. Completely pointless unless all u want is noise. Gain almost no more power. Need the 90mm,s like me :)

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
who was the bloke with the k tec itb kit?

The kit is actually made and designed by OMEX and is then sold by ktec, GDI etc etc. Same cost wherever you buy from too which is good :)
Just dont have the kit with the 60mm trumpets. Completely pointless unless all u want is noise. Gain almost no more power. Need the 90mm,s like me :)

Do trumpets make that much diff then? The kit ive got keeps the air con but have been told it will take it to 200bhp? Did u have 2 get ures mapped again then 4 diff length trumpets?

Qashcow
I'll let you know mate. The Clio is not my favourite at the moment, but was looking at the Dax website and apparently one of those bike engine turbo jobbies are only about 15K from what I could make out...;)

i was looking at that too mate, is quite frankley f**king insane though lol. are you going to get it checked over at some point? may end up being something really simple an stupid thats wrong with it?

Clio

i was looking at that too mate, is quite frankley f**king insane though lol. are you going to get it checked over at some point? may end up being something really simple an stupid thats wrong with it?

Going to get it tested on a different RR with a mobile air feed for the side pod and see what that does and go from there. At the moment though, its going up for sale early September. No rush to sell it but 300+bhp and less than 500kg tickles my fancy.;)

Clio
Going to Coombe on the 6th. Going to try and get it booked in local somewhere. Was going to give Interpro in Thornbury a ring, they seem to have a good rep. See if they've got a seperate air feed.

Mk2 172

Do trumpets make that much diff then? The kit ive got keeps the air con but have been told it will take it to 200bhp? Did u have 2 get ures mapped again then 4 diff length trumpets?

No the kit you have bought will have the 90mm trumpets( i hope) if not then you have no hope in hell of getting 200bhp. Id ring them and ask if i was you. Where did u get them from??? If its ktec themselves then i think they supply 60's. 90mms mean you have to remove the slam panel but thats all. 60mm's are pointless tbh. Length is very important on them. Thats what makes the difference and gives you the power and torque!

LY R26
Is a possibility for the 18th i will let you know Jay, goin to book into ktec soon for a decat n remap so be good to see the gains.

Mk2 172

No the kit you have bought will have the 90mm trumpets( i hope) if not then you have no hope in hell of getting 200bhp. Id ring them and ask if i was you. Where did u get them from??? If its ktec themselves then i think they supply 60's. 90mms mean you have to remove the slam panel but thats all. 60mm's are pointless tbh. Length is very important on them. Thats what makes the difference and gives you the power and torque!

I apologize. That info is not correct that i gave you. The short trumpets will give u roughly the same bhp right at the top end but will not have the same low down grunt or torque that you get with the longer trumpets.
I still wouldnt have the short ones tho cos youll constantly have to rev the life out of it :)

Qashcow
mace, i think even power station have 1 movable air feed because they use it on the scooby, coming down over the engine on top of the intercooler.

does the v6 have intake on both sides or just one?

Clio
mace, i think even power station have 1 movable air feed because they use it on the scooby, coming down over the engine on top of the intercooler.

does the v6 have intake on both sides or just one?

Intakes just on the passenger side, feeds straight into the air box. Thats what i needed, might give them a call tomorrow. See what they say.

Cheers mate. Thank you.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
when i was stood on the passenger side of the cars while they were being tested there was very little air flowing down the side