ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spacers & front splitter for Clio 197

Weo

Car  197
Hey,

Brought a CS 197 at the weekend, when I get it I want to put a front splitter on it but was wondering if anyone new of different types?

Was also wanting to space the front wheels so they sit nicely with the arches, does anyone have pics of different size spaces on their 197? As to see which will look the best. And also the best place to purchase them from?

Thanks
Will
 
Hey Will
kitten.tickle.gif

;)

Renault will rape you for a front splitter. They wanted £150 for one on my 172, so I got a skoda one for £11 instead lol. Not sure whether any others will fit tbh.
 
Is the skoda one a direct or decent fit? Does it look good? Any pics? Sorry for 20 questions
 
The skoda one will only fit the 172/182's I think.

My 200 only has like a tiny plastic/rubber strip across the front of the bumper, but underneath it (if that makes sense).
I didnt even realise it was there until I look underneath the car lol.
 
I think you screw/bolt it to the bumper strip...(which stops you scratching bumper, the black bit) but if it dont fit the. No point, but for £11 worth a try I guess.

Matt what size spacers you advise? You got a pic? Want them running flush :-)
 
I think you screw/bolt it to the bumper strip...(which stops you scratching bumper, the black bit) but if it dont fit the. No point, but for £11 worth a try I guess.
Yea I know, I think the Skoda one will be too big though, as the standard 200 splitter (dunno if the 197 is the same) is quite small and doesnt stretch across the whole of the bumper.
You'll have to check out mine sometime.
 
Cheers Matt,

And Paul, you have a splitter on ya 200? Yeah will do when i pick it up, have to meet n have a look :-)
 
Spacers are rubbish if you drive the car, been there done that, sold them within 2 days of fitting them. Pure w**k mate.
 
How come dude? Have heard that using spacers isn't always a good idea, but my understanding there was 2 diff types/ways to use them,
1 bolt the spacer to your hub, then with separate bolts put wheel on.?
2 get longer bolts and bolt straight from wheel through spacer to hub?

Guessing the downside is that it puts more stress on the bolts?

Any links to 25mm spacers with bolts for 197?

Thanks and sorry about all the questions.
Will
 
I ran my car on H&R coilovers for about 12 months, then thought i'd try some spacers. They made the car horrible, very twtichy/nervous under braking. Lurched all over the place. Think about it, if there was any gain to be had the 200 would have had an increased track (like a 172 cup did) over a 197..........
 
I ran my car on H&R coilovers for about 12 months, then thought i'd try some spacers. They made the car horrible, very twtichy/nervous under braking. Lurched all over the place. Think about it, if there was any gain to be had the 200 would have had an increased track (like a 172 cup did) over a 197..........

The wheels look lost in the arches though, but I'm all show, no go I suppose... lol
 
I reckon your in the market for a 197 matt ;) You've been linking over to clio197 a few times recently
 
The wheels look lost in the arches though, but I'm all show, no go I suppose... lol

Summed it up mate............... Anybody who actually use's the car properly will agree. People like jase on 197 only used theirs to pimp/'stunt' about in ;)

Oh, and also factor in rear arch resprays as when running 25mm spacers stones will pebble dash the rear quarters
 
Summed it up mate............... Anybody who actually use's the car properly will agree. People like jase on 197 only used theirs to pimp/'stunt' about in ;)

Oh, and also factor in rear arch resprays as when running 25mm spacers stones will pebble dash the rear quarters

really liked Jase's car, I am defo all for show though, nearly bought a TT lol ;)
 
Back
Top