ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spare wheel tool cradle removal!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Had my spare wheel tire changed, and the pratt who secured the wheel back in the well has cross threaded the yellow seuring bolt that secures everything down! Very pissed at the moment. Tried to uncrew it, but being plastic is bending and is likely to crack.

There might not be a simple solution or a solution at all, other than to smash it off and buy a new one.:mad:

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
just do it slowly, grip down as far as possible on it to try and minimalise the twisting of the plastic.

stuff like that is so annoying, its a really small thing but just a ballache to sort out!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Cant grip because the tool cradle is in the way. Tried to jam a piece of wood down centre and twist, but the bugger is not moving. scared of braking something

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Just grip it mate , happened on my old 172, if it breaks its only the yellow screw. i went down the scrappys and pick another up for about 2 quid

Passat
Mega bump! I've got a similar problem to this. I can spin the yellow bit all day and the cradle still can't be removed. It's as of there's a bolt somewhere that I can't grip. Anyone any ideas? Other than smash the thing up