ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speedline 2020 cup wheels

I've just bought some......cool or not?

4aff_1.jpg

4a30_1.jpg

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=MSPORT&pcode=S/LSC1508AARWI

Apparantly they are 300 each!

These will be used full time, I'm selling the 16 inch wheels.

Apparantly there is some concern about using them all the time on the road, but Porsche have been selling road cars with Magnesium wheels for a while, so I should be OK.

And at least I can have access to proper rubber at decent prices!

Yep, ebay tastic.

I've not picked them up yet, but they have been sold as 2020s.

Looks like I might need some centre caps, and in the future a set of Eibach springs.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
2118's i had

DSC00451.jpg

DSC00455.jpg

DSC00452.jpg

DSC00442.jpg

the 2118's will feel around the same weight as a turini, a 2020 will be really light

make sure the car has a good drop too ;)

Ph1 172
clare and dave hope you enjoy the wheels, they have served me well and will be missed alond with the cup.

nathan

I've just put the wheels on, and while I was doing it I thought I'd weigh them and see how light they were.

To say I was shocked to see they weigh more that the 16inch Turinis I removed is an understatement.

I'm dissapointed to say the least.

I've just put the wheels on, and while I was doing it I thought I'd weigh them and see how light they were.

To say I was shocked to see they weigh more that the 16inch Turinis I removed is an understatement.

that cant be right surely?

you sure they're the 2020s?

tiTTy & SV650
what did they weigh? with or without tyres? I got some 15" oz f1 cups which weigh 6.8kg per wheel (no tyre)

My scales are not accurate, but I'd guess they weighed 1kg more.

You could feel the difference by picking the wheels up.

If I'd got these at a bargain basement price I'd not care too much but I did pay a lot expecting them to be magnesium.......which they still might be, but I just cant see it when they weigh more that a 16 inch turini.

Tangoed Works
Saw the ebay thread, said 6.8kg i think on the advertisment. A 15" super leggera weighs in at 4.7 kg. Real lightweight and they are very strong too.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
they are heavier, i noticed too (by picking them up lol)

Sounds like youve been done mate. I think the mag version is 5.5kg so would be alot lighter then a turini. Is there a code on them? Could be worth contacting speedline to check although I dont suppose there is alot you can do about it now.

RS Meg 175
ill buy them off of you if you decide against them dave :p but it does appear to sound like theyve sold you the wrong wheels

Lionel Richie
true magnesium speedlines are uber light, are you sure they're magnesium?? 2020's

they do an identical wheel in aluminum which is pretty heavy (we use them) 2118's

OK - I've just had a wheel off to see if I can see any markings...cant see anything that says 2020 or 2118.

So I weighed a 195 50 15 tyre and it came in about 7kg...I then weighed a wheel....17kg.

Now my scales are rubbish so you can take any reading 1kg either way, but I'm certain these are not 2020s.

Lionel Richie
yeah got one set left waiting to be refurbed in any colour you want (no damage, just scabby old paint)

i've one person ear marked for them, but until the cash is in the bank they're up for sale