ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speedline 2118's and Sportline springs - Does it look ok?

Impreza Wagon
I really want a set of 2118's for my 182 however I'm only running sportline springs and I'm worried it won't sit low enough on 15" wheels. Has anyone got any experience of this setup or something like that?

Impreza Wagon
I think it sits fine on 16's however the 2118's only come in 15" :(. I don't really want Turini's as everyone has them but I'm also bored of the standard wheels and have two sets of them!

Someone must have run this combo at some point?

RB 182
Same setup as mine after I sold my coilovers. The fronts look alright, it's the rears that look a bit funny. They don't stand out so I wouldn't worry too much, just save up for some coilovers at some point in the future. You could always puta few heavy objects in the boot to lower it ;)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I forgot to take any pics of mine on sportlines and 2118's. It looked embarressing tbh.

Impreza Wagon
Saving for coilovers isn't an issue I just don't want them. I really like ride height and comfort that you get with the standard shocks and sportlines.

What would be my other options for wheels then? I'm still tempted to try them out however I know I'll be gutted if it looks like a monster truck!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
i have a few pics of mine when i got my 2118s when it was still on sportlines. here are some pics to give you an idea of the gap

032-1.gif

029.gif

028-2.gif

017-1.gif

015-1.gif

Impreza Wagon
That's great thanks for the pics, it's about how I expected it to sit to be honest so that's good :)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I think it looks ok, but they do look best when coupled with coilovers.

Impreza Wagon
I agree they do look better but I'm really not keen on sacrificing ride quality for lows. I think I'll give them a go and see what happens, they'll be better for track days (when I finally book some) as tyres will be cheaper anyway.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
It looks great to my eyes - an actual usable everyday height - shockers....

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Or get your Eibach's adjusted like I did so you don't break your back by fitting coilovers (only done the rears for now - fronts next month). Not 15s but you get the idea:

BEFORE:

7236300552_9be9ec0c6a.jpg

IMAG0205 by foodbeast04, on Flickr

AFTER:

7432818026_2e3e8c7570.jpg

IMAG0274 by foodbeast04, on Flickr

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172

I've heard of this guy, he heats your springs and compacts them right? What's the ride quality like with the modified springs fitted?

Looked at his site...

* If your Beemer 3 - Series has 500 kg of ice in the back and you still want a 60mm chop - We is the Main Man!

* If your Corsa rolls like a jelly when your doing donuts in Tesco’s car park - steal a mobile and phone us first

PMSL

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Indeed. And yes I'm sure the site is taking a cheeky swipe at us car geeks. I'm not arsed my Dar sits great now and nowhere near as harsh as coilovers