ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speedline Turini 16" or 17"?

Hey All,

A question that has probably been asked about 1 million times.

Which is best to go for? 16" or 17"?

My views:

16" is clearly cheaper and also will fit my current brand new tyres i have fitted to my 16" 172.

17" are £200 more expensive but they do look that little bit smarter... They are obviously going to weigh more. Does this impact on driving?

What are peoples views?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
16"s 17"s are too big for the Clios and are supposed to affect handling (like the 17's on Mini Coopers).

I would stay with 16s...makes the car look more in fitting. :)

phase 1 flamer 172
Purely on looks i like 17,s on a clio, but never tried them so may well drive badly.

Ph2 172 Track Toy
I'm buying some 15" turinis. They're cheaper, lighter and track tyres are 75 quid.

Thanks guys. I couldn't bare to put 15" on. Two of my other cars have 17" and the other 18" and i like the Clios 16" standard 5 spoke. I think i'll take the advise and go for 16" Turinis... they are very reasonably priced.

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
In terms of appearance, I think big wheels say poser; smaller wheels say track car! I prefer the latter!