ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sports cat pipe

Clio 172 mk2
I was thinking of buying a K-tec sports cat to go with the rest of my stealth system on my 172.

Has anyone fitted one of these and what kind of improvement in power/drivability does it offer? Also, will it require a re-map or will the ecu self -adjust?

Just inquiring really as it does seem a lot of money and it would be good to hear if it's worth doing.

Does seem the logical route to go down before doing anything to the inlet/ cams etc.

Neil

Clio 172 mk2
Someone must have fitted one of these or similar

Just after some views on what difference it makes.

just get a decat cheaper option and better performance increase! i ahd one on my 1.6 and it made a HUGE difference

Clio 172 mk2
Full decats are much cheaper but I don't want the hassle of having to change pipes around at MOT time and the potential fine if I get stopped at a roadside emissions test.

I'm interested to find out how much the sports cat affects performance....K-tec are quoting around 7-8 bhp but I wondering how much it'll affect the drivability of the car..torque etc.

from previous threadsd, i dont think its 7-8bhp. apparently they do give a noticeable gain, but not as good as a full decat. is a worthy addition if you are intending to do future mods

Audi Q7, Avalanche
neil, i think there will be another group buy from k-tec in january for the sports cat with a 15% discount so keep your eyes posted on the for sale section

Clio 172 mk2
Nice one..I will keep my eyes peeled

Would like to go for a K-tec one as the quality of the stealth system is very good.

Not looking to buy until the new year/spring anyway after I've recovered from the excess of Christmas.

Megane225FF
both sports cat and decat would benefit from having the car mapped properly.. you dont have to do it of course.

Audi Q7, Avalanche
i agree with the remapping comments, maybe we should have a word with someone to get a group buy on the piggy back chips? i cant wait for BenR to get back from Asia to do my manifold work too so a remap would compliment it no end!!

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
Neil G said:
Nice one..I will keep my eyes peeled

Would like to go for a K-tec one as the quality of the stealth system is very good.

Not looking to buy until the new year/spring anyway after I've recovered from the excess of Christmas.

neil the k-tec sports cat is made by janspeed and is £340 from k-tec,but its only £270 with the disount from demon tweeks

Clio 172 mk2
Thanks Matty

The clio 172 sports cat isn't listed on Demon Tweeks catalogue but I have seen Janspeed stuff on there.

I'll give them a ring to make some enquiries.

Tomorrow I'm getting a full powerflow system and sports cat fitted to my 172. The powerflow guy is supplying the sports cat - I think it's a universal box, but it's stainless and it's only costing me £150 on top of the cost of the powerflow. Similar cost to a decat.

It's obvious it's not going to be as free-flowing as a decat, but it's a permanent fit rather than a once-a-year PITA. My Group N ECU is supposed to give the best gains with a sports cat.

Turbo Beige
Yes but with it being powerflow that means it will need replacing next year antway! There s/s and welding they use is shocking!

one of my mates has had three systems from them under warranty on his corsa in 18months!

PYE21 said:
Yes but with it being powerflow that means it will need replacing next year antway! There s/s and welding they use is shocking!

one of my mates has had three systems from them under warranty on his corsa in 18months!

never heard anything bad said against powerflow. Did he goto cardiff and have it done?? first time for evcerything i suppose