ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeaky engine

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Me 1.4RT keeps squeaking like hell, Ive tightned fanbelt as much as possible yet it still keeps doing it. Could it be the bearings that are going? Might sound daft but could I spray the pulleys with wd40?? Been down to local garage who reckoned the cold weather puts more strain on alt causing it try and draw more power from engine, all well and good, but it hasnt squeaked like a field mouse for the past 3 years!

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Hmmmm, funny you should say that cos I can hear a whirring noise when the cars idling but it goes away when the clutch is pushed in. This best not mean the clutch is on its way out? :(

B

Bennyboy

clutch bearing??! dont think so somehow. its probably the fan belt. it gets kind of polished and shiny over time causing it to squeal like a pig boy! a new one should sort it out. wd40 stops it squeaking for about 40 seconds then it comes back even louder.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Right so a simple test, spray with WD40, if it goes away for 40 seconds I know its that which is knackered! Ill give it a try tonight.

Revels Mum & Sister

Mine squeakls on start up when its cold then goes away! Is the Power steering pump belt.

Also the noise when the clutch is up is probably the thurst bearing in the box. Caused by being misaligned I think. Doesnt mean your clutch is going to die. Well a mates has made that noise on a valver for 8 months!