ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SRI alloys on clio bore and fitting issues

hey guys, im a newbie here and am having some issues working out the measurements for alloy wheels for my mk2 clio

my mate has some SRI alloys and i think they look really great and are almost perfect fit for the clio

the only issue i have is with the centre bore

the measurements for his wheels are 16s 4x100 pcd 56.1 centre bore and offset of 49 i believe

is there any way around the bore issue, as the clio is 2mm each side too big, i dont want to spend out on having them machined down and was wondering is there was a cheaper fix

thanks
ben

42b52ccc185195c1efa4c494680a5727.png

lined up the alloys on the clio, if i dont like the white i was gonna plastidip them matt black, but the white is growing on me

haha knuckles, personally i like them

and cheers jack, how does the bore measurement work then, as i thought that the alloy wheel is smaller than the clio so it had to be widened :S

my understanding was that the spigot ring sits in the alloy and makes the larger bore on the alloy fit a smaller bore on the car

and if his alloys are of bore 56.1 and my clio is 60.1 it wouldnt fit :S

im so confused haha

it is a larger bore, and his alloys are smaller bore-wise than the clio

and hmm being the tight git i am, im not a fan of overspending, do you know how much roughly they would charge to machine the alloys, as it would have to be all 4 :/

there is no other way of making them fit is there?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
it is a larger bore, and his alloys are smaller bore-wise than the clio

and hmm being the tight git i am, im not a fan of overspending, do you know how much roughly they would charge to machine the alloys, as it would have to be all 4 :/

there is no other way of making them fit is there?

Hub adaptors. Chip made a set when he fitted cavalier wheels to his/his Mrs' Clio.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
This is what he said...

No mate, they wont fit on because the clio centre bore is 60.1 and the vauxhall centre bore is 56.6

What I did was use some VW hubcentric adaptors (which are halfway between the two) and then we bored the centre to take the renault spigot, and then machined down the outer spigot to smaller enough to fit the vauxhall wheel, and that way they fit on and it also spaces them out to correct the offset difference as well (vauxhall are 49, clio is 38)

The mrs likes to be a bit different so I think she liked the fact she has never seen them on a clio before, its hard to do stuff that is different but still not looking chavvy etc like most aftermarket wheels do.

hmm, very clever way of doing it, that way the alloy and the car are untouched

however for a simpleton like me, any fancy work is out of my reach :/

unless chip sells the car and sells me his adapters :clap:

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Sorry mate not interested in selling the adapters, but with the info I gave before which daniel has posted in here you should be able to get some made, will cost you well over 100 quid though I would expect.

Here are the vauxhall wheels we did, on the mk2 they looked ok, but on the mk1 they looked absolutely epic I reckon.

2a286c05.jpg

We also did a scooby wheels one as there is a scooby rim we really like that we were keeping an eye out for (not the ones used in this picture thats just some I had lieing about to try, same fitment but different style), but those were a right pain due to being 5 stud and same PCD, its all but impossible to get right!

879bda5c.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
PS

Boring the wheel is perfectly acceptable as an alternative, I just did it this way because I had a trackday 2.0 ITB+cams corsa at the same and it meant we could use the same wheels on both when at trackdays.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Those impreza wheels look awesome!

I thought so too TBH, look like they could be OEM almost and the size and offset looks just right.

General consensus on here was "dislike" but I expected that as its not 2118 or turinis, lol.

The wheels we were actually making up the adaptor for though were either of these:
speedline16x7-2.jpg

speedline16x7.jpg

(but not in gold)