ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stalk and display adaptors

1.5dci

Got myself a nice yellow 182, swapped the standard stereo with an MP3 player, but cant get a stalk adaptor that works!

Anyone know where I can get hold of one for an 05 plate that actually works?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

sorry no idea...but someone wil help very soon !

*waves* hello and welcome to CS :D

Evo MR FQ300 & Clio V6

It depends which stereo came with your car. Is it the Cabasse unit or normal VDO one?

I had the normal VDO one and am using the DRNS002 with my sony headunit. Instead of showing mp3 info it just displays cd1, 2, 3 etc. for the albums - remote works spot on and radio etc all display fine.

There is a DRNS003 out now which will do the same as mine but will display the MP3 info in the standard display.

The DRNS002 fits to the yellow plug and requires a power connection (Amp out of stereo).

The main problem you may have that the cabasse headunits have a seperate connector for the display and another for the remote. Best check with Connects2 direct.

http://www.connects2.com/http://www.connects2.com/

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Its a cabbase unit, its a 182.

Which req the mini-iso connection (yellow)

FN2 TYPE R

Yes its the DRNS003 which i have and it works with the Cabasse connections. Both the stalk and display function correctly. And the MP3 tags are also displayed.

1.5dci

Thanks for all the info and help.

Its the Cabasse unit.

Ive tried Autoleads, they dont make one that works.

SOunds like connects 2 is the one, will check them out later.

Andy

1.5dci

Out of interest, is there any difference between an 04 182 and an 05 model?

Some of the lead manufacturers ive tried, tell me that an 04 lead will not fit an 05 model 182!

Confused!

Andy

ford racing puma

I need to know this to. Have tried a kenwood with ipod interface and connections for the steering but did not work.
This was from car audio direct and I had to pay £20 for the return postage and £30 for them to restock the items so I dont want to get it wrong again. this is for a 2005 182

[Edited by zippyy on 6/7/2005 7:44:06 PM]

1.5dci

I have just filled in the form on connects web site asking them if they have an item that will do the job.

There must be someone out there who has got one or something similar that works?:confused:

ford racing puma

Quote: Originally posted by bluenoes on 07 June 2005
I have just filled in the form on connects web site asking them if they have an item that will do the job.There must be someone out there who has got one or something similar that works?:confused:

i did that to, but awaiting reply

1.5dci

Just got the following email from connects2, so im still getting nowhere with it! Any suggestions out there?

Dear Mr Bonar,

Thank you for your e-mail via the Connects 2 website.

The new Clio often has a Cabasse head unit as standard and unfortunately we do not have compatible adapters with this system and I know of no UK firms that do as of yet. If the head unit was Tuner List we would be able to help on that occasion.

Best Regards

Gemma Wootton
Connects 2 - Export Sales and Marketing Executive
Tel: +44 (0)1384 286188
Fax: +44 (0)1384 286152
E-mail: mailto:gemmaw@connects2.com">U face=Arial color=#0000ff gemmaw@connects2.com/U

Evo MR FQ300 & Clio V6

I think that will just connect a sony multi CD changer to the existing head Renault headunits.

[Edited by Rennie on 08 June 2005 at 9:49am]

clio 182 black /gold

Right im going to sound thick but i have a cabasse cd player and im putting a sony MP3 in do i need the wires or connects2 adaptor? Cheers Lee