ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stealth Exhaust Help

Hi there, fitted my k-tech stealth exhaust today after having a heavy magnex on the car for past couple of years. Now i notice its hanging noticeably low and showing behind the bumper. Even when i do a bodge job with the rear bracket, that iv seen a few people on here have done, its still hanging below the bumper. Would it be worth while getting new rear and middle brackets and would this help make it completely invisible behind the bumper? Has anyone got there's not showing and have any pictures of it fitted? Thanks.

172 Race Car
takes ages to get them sat perfect. mine was spot on eventualy. u will probably need a new rear mount tho

Car SOLD :-(
My ph1 stealth was apparently a b*tch to fit and still isn't perfect. Ph2 stealths are meant to fit better as well:eek:

Clio 172 mk2
I came from a heavy crap Magnex to the Mk1 stealth and had to replace the rear mount due to it being bugg**ed by the weight of the cannon swinging around.

Lionel Richie
IMG_1252-vi.jpg

never seen one completely hidden

something else i've noticed is theres a hanger attached to the car on the right side next to the backbox which was used to hang the magnex from that side, aswell as the X shape bracket on the left. It hangs above and seems to stop the backbox from being raised out of sight. Is this hanger spose to be there or was it put on with the magnex?

right, iv managed to raise it a good bit by undoing the bracket that goes round the backbox, pushing the box up then tighning the bracket. have gone as far as it can go but still about half inch/inch showing below. anyone got anymore suggestions about how to get that extra inch?

172 MKII FF
right, iv managed to raise it a good bit by undoing the bracket that goes round the backbox, pushing the box up then tighning the bracket. have gone as far as it can go but still about half inch/inch showing below. anyone got anymore suggestions about how to get that extra inch?

Do you have any photos? I'd be interested to see because mine sits a couple of inches below as well. Every time I move the bracked up to where I can't push it anymore I get rattles in the centre.

not just now but could get some tomorrow. i get rattles sometimes in a right turn, but going to cable tie couple bits of tubing into to backbox mount and see if that will stop any movement.