ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

steering wheel thumb grip

Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with the rubber thumb grips on their steering wheel. One of mine has started to peel back from the wheel and has slightly torn. Anybody know if these can be replaced? Under warranty?

106 GTi
Common fault.

Some people have had it done under warrenty ( means a new wheel ), other dealers have said no and put it down as wear an tear.

zs180
i was giving a sensible and relevent piece of advice but if you want a playground name calling session then
clio drivers wear rubber gloves:rasp:

Golf GTI PP Mk7
i never warp my fingers round the thumb grips at all, i dont know why. tbh i only ever drive with 2 hands on the wheels wheel when im caning it.

zs180
gt you did the 'they went bust' line in the other thread im glad im not paying for your comical repertoire

your lines are as quick coming as the facelift reanault 5 you drive

zs180
r669.jpg

how can you possibly make derogatory comments regarding the history of MG best check out your own history :rasp: :rasp: :rasp:

zs180
if a similar aged MG and that abortion above were the only two cars available you are welcome to that tin can i dont think anyone would be fighting you for it not even the local scrap merchant
a few people might send it for recyling i rekon it would make quite a few bean cans:lolup:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
r669.jpg

how can you possibly make derogatory comments regarding the history of MG best check out your own history :rasp: :rasp: :rasp:

this is an MG, the glory days (days gone by, note the black reg plate)

mg-hockenheim.jpg

these below are NOT MG's, these are a pathetic attempt of a struggling manufacturer to shift some cars (using MG's NAME)

582425_12.jpg
zr_1-t.jpg

mgzs.jpg

it didnt work.

oh and here is some of british laylands finest,

Austin%20Allegro.jpg

250px-1976.morris.marina.arp.jpg

;)

Last edited:
  impreza sti prodrive
i never warp my fingers round the thumb grips at all, i dont know why. tbh i only ever drive with 2 hands on the wheels wheel when im caning it.

ditto. i dont do it very often bu if im going for it i supose its the best place for your hands to be in. especaly flat out.
:)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
mine went ages ago in the few weeks of hot weather we had last year, its now in my shed, fitted a 320mm momo, much much better.

clio 172 cup
Mines really bad on just 17k.Was told its wear and tear by renault,i replied the item was not fit for purpose to no avail.they are proper sh*te.New one about £150