ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Wheels (Snappy Ones)

Clio V6 255
Another epic job done by Snappy for my Liquid Yellow V6.
I wanted to keep it simple so the original wheel was re covered and stitched in matching yellow.
He also did the gearshift gaitor and also I had a new handbrake cover so he did that and said it was the first one he had been asked to do.
I love the results.
new stitching and wheel.jpg

BMW 320d SE
cd31bea0ede725099f29213e72ee8d3b.jpg

He recently did my steering wheel for my 320d. I’d used him in the past for my 182, so there wasn’t anyone else I’d ask to re-trim my steering wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Feel like ive missed an oppertunity by not saying he's "wheely" good.

I bought a wheel off a member here to use whilst mine was away, in the queue at Snappy HQ. Just sold that wheel now for what I paid so no loss there!

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Gonna get my E92 one done in January as he's not taking any new jobs til then to clear what he has.

Shouldn't be as excited but it makes a huge difference to the car having a nice wheel, shame I can't have it made thinner. Thick wheels are w**k [emoji23]

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I'm in 2 minds whether to get Snappy or Royal to do mine. I've bought a spare GTi wheel for my golf to send off.

I want it a bit thicker though, but don't want to add to the external diameter of it, and wondered if they could be thickened on the inside only?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Never used Royal, only experience of Snappy and the quality is how Renault should have done the wheels in the first place.

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
Doesn’t Snappy work full time for Rolls Royce or similar?? Enough said.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Cheers for the heads up guys. I did do a little mor digging and Jack seems to have been absolutely slated on a few forums. That's made my mind up

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Snappy is a professional, but has a substantial waiting list. I say to people to buy another wheel needing refurb, send that off and get it refurbed, then once back, put refurb onto your car and sell your wheel to someone wanting a refurb like you did. Snappy is bloody good, just means you are not without a car if it is your daily while you wait (but the wait is most definitely worth it).

Snappy is a professional, but has a substantial waiting list. I say to people to buy another wheel needing refurb, send that off and get it refurbed, then once back, put refurb onto your car and sell your wheel to someone wanting a refurb like you did. Snappy is bloody good, just means you are not without a car if it is your daily while you wait (but the wait is most definitely worth it).
What sort of wait are we talking about?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Sure was Bentley and now retired I believe iirc

Had three wheels done by him, all been flawless.

I don't rate royals work myself.

Yeah was Bentley.

Cheers for the heads up guys. I did do a little mor digging and Jack seems to have been absolutely slated on a few forums. That's made my mind up

Mate has just had his Sparco RS wheel done by Royal and it looks decent tbf.

received_751003659181766.jpeg
received_401832807788795.jpeg
received_2873629292957277.jpeg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I have had wheels done at both places and they have both been great.

BMW 320d SE

That’s exactly what I did with both my 182 wheel, and my Beemer wheel too. Worth the wait though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Don

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Snappy took 2 weeks to turn mine around. Superb quality and no complaints here.

That Royal one above, looks like a bit of a buldge in the alcantara to the left of the Renault Sport logo?