ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

stick your vipers up your a***!!!

BLACK 197!!
Jus recieved my Simota Twin Charger induction kit today a set about gettin it fitted to my car..The kit is very simple to fit was done in about an hour.

A pipercross viper will set you back about £250 + and K+N's typhoon kit are going for £199 on ebay.I got this Simota Twin Charger Kit from www.dpmotorsport.com for £116.03 inc VAT and delivery.

When i took the car out for a drive & i was blown away by the sound of this thing its got the best sound ive ever heard from a filter alone.100% recommend this filter to anyone..

Pics to follow....

Looking for a ph-quick...
Nice one!! Get some vids up!! Just out of interest why is it called a twin charger?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
theduckeatspork said:
explanation here. Uses something called the venturi effect to speed up the flow of air :S

In other words, a load of b****cks!

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
the venturi effect is NOT b****cks. its why cooling towers work the way they do.

looks nice, im well happy with the version of this for 1.4's

Would like to here what these sound like this to me looks like a nice kit what about gains improvements/loss??
In your title you mention the viper, did you own one of these prior? Am interested in whether or not your performance is affected good or bad?!

Rob.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Harry_manback said:
the venturi effect is NOT b****cks. its why cooling towers work the way they do.

Venturi effect cannot force feed air, you cannot get anymore air into the induction pipe without force feeding it, ie turbo.

Ph1
Its sitting in the coldest part of the engine which is good but the size of filter is worrying. Hope this venturi effect really does work for them or there might even be a loss in power! lol

When is it going to sink in that the difference between one IK to another is basically F all !!

BLACK 197!!
Andyman said:
Its sitting in the coldest part of the engine which is good but the size of filter is worrying. Hope this venturi effect really does work for them or there might even be a loss in power! lol

When is it going to sink in that the difference between one IK to another is basically F all !!

the filter is almost the same as a normal 57i filter and the same size.

i will get some vids made tonite with the noise it really is awesome as for power gains i dnt knw havent got a dyno but there is the same increase in accelaration all the way up till the light comes on.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
i bought this at trax its a simota and fits my clio 172 its tight fit but does go on i took it off on the 1st ride out as its too much of a roar with the cat back magnex its still in the box with plastice bag open to offers
simotaws0071.gif

I love it how air filter and induction systems companies throw around the venturi effect term in the most useless applications.

The venturi effect is a phenomenon and you can put one on your kitchen tap, but it wont make it flow any more or faster on the other side. Venturi simple explains the phenomenon where gas speed increaes and relative pressure decreases through a restriction.

R35 GTR
Other features include hest-deflesting liquid coating to unleash the power of your engine

I just bought a hest shield, do you think it will deflest as good as this one?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Hummm....Agree Viper's love men...But thats just an expensive piece of pipe and a filter.

53 172 cup
I Put A Simota On My 172 Cup And I Agree It Is Superb And The Noise Beats The Viper Hands Down. Mine Has A Carbon Fibre Surround So Must Be A Different Type.

TDI tyre shreader
BenR said:
I love it how air filter and induction systems companies throw around the venturi effect term in the most useless applications.

The venturi effect is a phenomenon and you can put one on your kitchen tap, but it wont make it flow any more or faster on the other side. Venturi simple explains the phenomenon where gas speed increaes and relative pressure decreases through a restriction.

Did you see the diagram on their website, ive just been killing myself laughing at it

Clio 172 mk2
Harry_manback said:

Different scale, different scenario....the same 'rules' don't apply to everything.

I would have brought a universal filter and some samco and knocked up the kit myself

Nissan 350Z
Neil G said:
Different scale, different scenario....the same 'rules' don't apply to everything.

I would have brought a universal filter and some samco and knocked up the kit myself

I was considering a twin charger, but if I could do it cheaper then obviously that would be nice.... however, you do get EVERYTHING you need with that twin charger kit - brackets, and all the other bits and pieces... does this samco stuff come with everything you need?

Ph1
rmccardal said:
Just buy a f**king maxogen and be done with it.

ROFL thats exactly what i thought and did !!

Was wondering for weeks what IK to get after a tore the Viper, like, what new one to get, where to mount it to get the best cold air in certain area's pish. I just thought sod it, get a Maxogen job done worry over :)

Stop waisting cash on fancy name IK's and get the proven best thats what i say !

Clio 172 mk2
pbirkett said:
I was considering a twin charger, but if I could do it cheaper then obviously that would be nice.... however, you do get EVERYTHING you need with that twin charger kit - brackets, and all the other bits and pieces... does this samco stuff come with everything you need?

Pretty easy to measure it up, spec a few jubilee clips, an elbow and straight section of Samco and a few aluminum inserts.

I just like a project like that