ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sticky dash cleanup

MorroN

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all, just thought I’d share my success using the ‘Elbow Grease’ and wipe method on my sticky dash parts.

I rubbed it down with some elbow grease spray and lots of clean rags to remove all of the soft touch coating then sealed it with some gtechniq C4 trim restorer.

Took about 20 minutes to get it all off but well happy with how it looks. Also worked on my AC controls.

Attachments

• 8C488B39-CC73-4967-A546-45584A7F7143.jpeg
    8C488B39-CC73-4967-A546-45584A7F7143.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 96

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
The standard ones aren’t speckle are they? This retains all the silver bits on the trim
True, but unless you do great job cleaning off the tack, and during that process dont damage the surface , it will still need a coat of lacquer to look good again long term, just a coating of wax will fade and need more attention than the outside when baked daily in the summer.

MorroN

ClioSport Club Member
True, but unless you do great job cleaning off the tack, and during that process dont damage the surface , it will still need a coat of lacquer to look good again long term, just a coating of wax will fade and need more attention than the outside when baked daily in the summer.
Will keep an eye on mine but the gtechniq stuff works wonders making bare plastic look shiny and new. May end up lacquering it like you say

Clio 1.2 Campus 2006
I’ve also found that saddle soap on a leather steering wheel is the absolute best.
Mine was in a right state when I got it. I got a bar of saddle soap from Decathlon, grated a very small amount into a little bowl of water and used detail brushes.
Wipe off with a towel.
It pulls off the dirt really well, especially if the wheel looks dull and the leather looks scratched. (It’s actually dirt and dead skin)
I think the bar of soap I bought will out live me.

One thing to note. The soap does turn the water to a kind of slime after a few minutes. It feels horrible, but works a treat.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
It’s a great weekend project and great work👌🏼 I opted for the swapping to standard trims as when I cleaned mine up I found it left micro marks and hazing in the plastic