ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stiffer anti roll bar 182s

Dodgy one
Are there any out there for the fronts of the 182s? As far as i'm aware the 182s run a 26mm bar and V6s run 28mm but the bars completely different as i was going to fit one of them :dapprove:

I've searched the net ended up on tweeks, larkspeed, Eibachs site, whiteline etc. Only to find the whiteline rear bars which i know existed.

Currently got h&rs fitted, but want a bit less roll, Its not huge, I just want it to sit a bit more flat and keep the front wheels down when coming out of corners on full throttle, I understand a rear one would solve this but surely theres an upgrade for the fronts?

I dont want to fit the rear one on its own as it'l make the car behave oddly

Bus w**ker
I'm not sure what you mean by "behave oddly"? Fitting a rear uprated ARB to a FWD will kerb the understeer, so the only odd behaviour I can see would be better turn in/handling with the possibility of oversteer. Uprated front ARB is usually fitted to RWD or both front and rear to 4WD/AWD.

AFAIK there is no uprated ARB for a 1*2, although I'm sure I read that the 182 runs a thicker front ARB than the 172...or that could of been just on cup packed 182; meh. TBH it's not something I've considered as I can't see any benefit from it, I could be wrong though.

Have you had your suspension setup?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Front antiroll bar would make ot more difficult to get the power down, and increase underrsteer. That's my understanding anyway. It was fred that helped test the rear arb, certainly doesn't cause odd behaviour lol

Dodgy one
Front antiroll bar would make ot more difficult to get the power down, and increase underrsteer. That's my understanding anyway. It was fred that helped test the rear arb, certainly doesn't cause odd behaviour lol

I was reading the post he did when he tested it for a magazine and he mantioned it can snap into oversteer a lot easier, My understanding was if the fronts and rears were upgraded it would balance the car out better.

The suspensions been set up too :cool: Maybe i just need to slow down a tad :eek:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I think it was when the arb was set to it's stiffest setting that it was ott.
Another day, another Renault, this time a Clio 182 in issue 6 fitted with Whiteline’s adjustable anti-roll bar. This is a much simpler and cheaper mod than full coilovers, of course, but don’t dismiss it because of that – we thought it was an excellent consequence-free suspension upgrade that would work even better with a full chassis set-up. As it was, it turned a dynamically competent car into a scalpel-sharp front-driver with nothing more than a 20 minute bolt-on modification.

340i
I am not sure about all these different 1*2 front ARB sizes...

I've measured my PH-1 172 and that (as far as I can tell is 25mm dia all the way through?!) I'll measure a 182 over the weekend and see what size they run!

Dodgy one
forget touching the front ARB

Care to expand Fred?

I didnt want to go about stiffer springs and revalved shocks, just feel theres a bit of roll which could be sorted out with a thicker bar :) Would you go with just a rear one then?

Lionel Richie
purely because no one makes one, cup racers ran road car ARB's on the front

IMO the ultimate setup for a clio is a soft front end and a rock hard rear - perfect

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
purely because no one makes one, cup racers ran road car ARB's on the front

IMO the ultimate setup for a clio is a soft front end and a rock hard rear - perfect

Ask w3eeb about this. In the morning I ran hard front and rear on track, he could stay with me. In the afternoon left the rear stiff, softened the front off. Massive difference. Turn in, traction, all massively improved.

340i
I run my rear KW's at their lowest and a 1/4 turn of their stiffest setting, with the front pretty soft (perhaps 25% of full stiffness)..

I can honestly say its brilliant, I haven't ran out of grip with it on road or track as such.. my skill runs out before the grip haha!

I'll have a set of Powerflex bushes to fit, then the rear ARB should be the icing on the cake ;)

172 ph1
Ask w3eeb about this. In the morning I ran hard front and rear on track, he could stay with me. In the afternoon left the rear stiff, softened the front off. Massive difference. Turn in, traction, all massively improved.
warren4, is this with your KW V2s?

or did you fit the Whiteline ARB as well?