ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stone chip touch up advice

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Need to touch in a few stone chips one has gone down to metal and been left a bit long and just showing little start of surface rust.
Is it possible to still touch it in would
iron x remove it ok then panel wipe?
Have watched youtube vids on various ways to do stone chips but just thought I would ask on here too.

Any advice and tips from anyone would be much appreciated especially ref the rust starting?

Talk to me??

HAP

ClioSport Club Member
  Petrol blue 182
Need to touch in a few stone chips one has gone down to metal and been left a bit long and just showing little start of surface rust.
Is it possible to still touch it in would
iron x remove it ok then panel wipe?
Have watched youtube vids on various ways to do stone chips but just thought I would ask on here too.

Any advice and tips from anyone would be much appreciated especially ref the rust starting?

Talk to me??
Depending on the size. Try to clean the rust out of there. Use a tooth pick or something equally as small. Then use chipex or your touch up.

Remember to apply the paint in very thin layers, leave to dry before the next layer, Build it up, If you feel confident enough you can wet sand and use a compound polish to blend it in.