ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

STOP + Battery light only over 60mph

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
Driving round town, the car is fine, no warning lights, but when you go on the motorway and drive above 60mph the STOP + Battery lights flicker and then stay on, if you dip the clutch, the warning lights go off.

The car starts first time without hesitation.

I have just checked the voltage of the battery and they are: (off) 12.95 (idling) 13.9 - 14.1 (full load) 12.23

I had a reconditioned alternator fitted about a year ago, maybe less. Battery as about 4 years old.

I am not sure if this is anything to do with it but my radio signal occasionally drops silent for 4 seconds then comes back at perfect signal.

Any ideas?

My 182 done this, The light went out at high revs though....until it needed revved past 5k.

A new alternator fixed it.

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
My local garage changed my alternator under it's 12 month warranty, new brushes added, problem solved, cost £0.00, happy bunny :)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Needed these after 12 months!?! Well, at least it is fixed. Did they replace the aux belt setup or even check it?

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
It was a reconditioned alternator so maybe they didn't change the brushes? The belt was changed in January. Everything works as it should do now.