ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*Strange Encounter* with a valver........

Driving to work this morning on the M25 and spotted a blue 16v.... Nothing unusual i spose - other then the fact 16vs are slowing becoming a rarity on the roads these days (be that a good thing / bad thing :D)

Anyway - as i get closer i read the number plate which is H969 *** ?! Until today i thought the very first line of valvers were built on a J plate?

On closer inspection... i notice the car is a left hand drive. But yet has a set of UK plates! Followed him over the QE2 -> tolls thinking he may be saving something special under the bonnet for the trouble of importing a LHD and register it on UK plates. Entered the tolls side by side with my barrier up waiting for his to move up - and... lets just say it was a std 16v ;) tho he did try.

So i take this means the UK was alittle slow on the take off for the 16v in comparison to other countries? Anyone ever seen an earlier 16v then a H REG!?

H reg is the 1st year the clio came out.

some of the rally cars that have been for sale were H reg (the white radbourne racing car springs to mind)
on another note,last night i saw a lhd black 1.2 clio (mk 2 ph2) and that was on a W reg !