ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange fault, wont rev over 3.5-4k (ph2 172 cup)

Clio 172 Cup
Hi guys
filled up my car yesterday (with the correct fuel!) and about ten mins after leaving the petrol station, my car started to stutter, missfire an cut out (sounded kind of like a subaru if this helps) eventually got it home and left it overnight.

tried her this morning and starts and ticks over fine and drives fine up to 3k, after that its really slow and sluggish and wont rev at all past 4k, although, when the clutch pedal is depressed or the car is not in gear it revs fine all the way around.

Engine management light is on but has always been on due to straight through exhaust, so im a bit in the dark really, no other lights on the dash, and dosent appear to be in limp mode as the rpm it stops at is inconsistant.

any help would be greatly appreciated, many thanks

​russ

172 cup (again)
Sounds like a faulty injector - check out my post on another thread today at 18:00 on the way to diagnose the issue

Clio 172 Cup
Sounds like a faulty injector - check out my post on another thread today at 18:00 on the way to diagnose the issue

hi there, changed the entire fuel rail and coilpack and seems to have made it worse, the fault is still there but now the car idles at 3000rpm. Any ideas?

thanks

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
If it revs fine when stood but won't when moving its more likely to be load related rather than an actual injector issue.

diags needed but most likely a MAP, TP or H02 issue