ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strangest PX offers

182 FF
Just sold my cup tonight to a nice guy who'll take good care of her, gutted i had to sell her, but thats life...

Anyway, I advertised her on Pistonheads, and just wondered what other weird and wonderful offers people have had for their cars, heres mine.

TEXT - I hate them

sin yer car 4 sale, u wanna swop 4 a 2001 206 hdi, and cash your way.

ME: Not really I want a cash sale, but feel free to make me an exact offer, (you never know I cuda done well out of it)

GUY: Thought my car and 500 quid, (I now think no thanks)

Guy: (New Text) but I would keep the nitrous that has just been fitted!

WTF:eek: as if NOS in a 206 diesel, you can stick that up yer backside

Couldn't believe it:clown:

Last edited:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Lol the 2 cars i have sold have been bought by the first person to phone me!

S3 Sportback, Ninja
When selling my 331 bhp corsa turbo on pistonheads i got someone asking me if i wanted to swap it for an orange full body kitted magazine featured punto, to which i replied no im not a homosexual

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Wasn't a part ex but I was selling my corsa sxi for 4200 which was already cheap cos I wanted a quick sale and some guy rang and said would I take 3 for cash, I replied nooooo, he replied well I can only afford to pay 3 as I said then you can't afford my car then can ya muppit. LOL

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Its the ones that say "Ive seen one closer by for cheaper..."

Oh well in that case have mine for free, and here, bang the missus while i sign up the paper work.. ffs!

Buyer's, no your limits!

182 FF

Oh well in that case have mine for free, and here, bang the missus while i sign up the paper work.. ffs!

Buyer's, no your limits!

PMSL:D

Too true, like it is'nt hard enougth sellin yer baby, you get some clown offerin you shite, day dream believers.......

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I have a MX5 up for sale for £2500 (which is cheap. I sold one 2 weeks agou for £3500).

Some conker just rang me offering an S reg Vectra 1.8 LS and £1000 cash.

Helmet.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Just sold my cup tonight to a nice guy who'll take good care of her, gutted i had to sell her, but thats life...

Anyway, I advertised her on Pistonheads, and just wondered what other weird and wonderful offers people have had for their cars, heres mine.

TEXT - I hate them

sin yer car 4 sale, u wanna swop 4 a 2001 206 hdi, and cash your way.

ME: Not really I want a cash sale, but feel free to make me an exact offer, (you never know I cuda done well out of it)

GUY: Thought my car and 500 quid, (I now think no thanks)

Guy: (New Text) but I would keep the nitrous that has just been fitted!

WTF:eek: as if NOS in a 206 diesel, you can stick that up yer backside

Couldn't believe it:clown:

I had the exact same guy message me! He's been trying to sell that for ages.

Burgandy 174 sport t
The ones that persist in askin about the car after you have told them its already gone I dont understand

182 FF
I had the exact same guy message me! He's been trying to sell that for ages.

PMSL:eek:

Obviously has not got the message then, clearly he's been feedin the NOS directly to his brain!

The worst ones are how much pal?
oh, will you take 2800?
No
oh, 3000 then?
No
3200?
No, now pee off and stop wastin my time, arse.

Astra van,Mk1 nova
lmao my dad is selling his x reg transit van just now, he recieved a text a couple of days ago saying:

hi, would you swap it for my gold 306, its a 2.0 and fast, black wolfrace wheels, lexarse lights etc clean car

Couldnt stop laughing :D can imagine my 41 year old dad driving it about :nono:

Rb 182
When i was selling my minty Uno T i had some one offer me a Fiat panda with an Rst lump in the back. With the power going to the rear wheels.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
The ones that i find most irritating are as follows:

Cup advertised for £4,295.

Idiot email: Hi mate, would you take £3,250.
Me: No, its up for £4,295, strangely because thats what i want for it.
Idiot: I only have £3,250 CASH, i cant afford anymore, can pick it up tonight though if its a deal
Me: Buy something else then, mine is £4,295, not £3,250. PS, how else would you pay other than cash? in f*cking potatoes?

Cup advertised for £4,295. Will p/ex for cheaper car up to £2k.

Idiot email: Mate, i love these, would you take p/ex?
Me: Yeah, what you offering?
Idiot: An impreza sti4 v3.5.7 with HKS blow up valve & choccy pistons
Me: Umm, what do you value that at then lol?
Idiot: £11k
Me: Did you not read the advert ......

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Do you just ignore chav adverts? I do, it's annoying, saw this R5 GTT which looked good until I read the description...

Dis car been modded loads, proper fast. Beat a NEW Golf GTI hahaha he was gutted, mug! Ur beat anyfink in this trust

Umm... yeah, goodbye :mad:

M2 / Golf GTI
Same guy emailed me with the 206 hdi. He's emailed me about 3 or 4 times now. Very annoying!

Megane Mk4
"We'll offer you £3495 for your car.."
"Pardon, you having a laugh?"
"No sir, that's what it's worth to us."
"So, your saying a 05 plate RenaultSport Clio 182 with 7k on the clock, with one owner from new is worth £3495?!"
"Yes, we are."

"Stop taking the piss, and remove my details from your system, I'm leaving."
Cue the door..

Bearing in mind the car was just over a year old at the time too.

Carcraft... F**KERS

Do you just ignore chav adverts? I do, it's annoying, saw this R5 GTT which looked good until I read the description...

Dis car been modded loads, proper fast. Beat a NEW Golf GTI hahaha he was gutted, mug! Ur beat anyfink in this trust

Umm... yeah, goodbye :mad:
I ignore them too, why they tell you how fast it is & what it'll beat is way beyond me. They may as well write "I thrash the car to death, wanna buy it ?"

Black Gold Trophy

Buyer's, no your limits!

LOL! F*cking brilliant!

What really f*cks me off is when people say:

"what's the lowest you will take for it mate?"

Well theres an asking price in the advert, but seeing as you've asked me that I'll save you the effort of doing any negiotiating and just knock the price right down for you mate!

When I was selling my corsa I had a lad fly down from aberdeen with his dad, I picked him up from the airport and they spent an hour kicking the tyres etc and then said they'd get back to me! Time wasters! :rolleyes: Surely they have better things to do!