ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stripped and coilovers ph1?

1999 Clio 1.2 8V
Bought my ph1 1.2 a few months ago with no big plans in mind as, unfortunately, its only a 1.2. Ended up lowering it by 35mm and putting some alloys on it and now i want more. Dammit.

Anyway, I'm aware any engine mods above an air induction kit are pointless, so stripping it out seems the way forward. Anyone got any comments on this? How unbearable is the noise? And is it any better on handling/general performance? I'm also considering decatting it so i guess it'll be pretty horrible noise wise anyway haha.

And as far as coilovers, who would you recommend? Not wanting to spend too much, probably 300 max?? Like i said, let me know because if I'm going to do it I want to do it right!

330i. E30 Touring.
Honestly, don't bother.

Hold tight until you can buy and insure a Ph1 172. That'll be better in just about every way over a 1.2.

1999 Clio 1.2 8V
Well I'm keeping the little runabout for a few years, to be honest its good on fuel and I won't be able to afford a 172 for a while, but that's the goal in about 2 years. I just want to get this one looking tidy and sounding a bit nicer and I'll be happy, not going to go crazy on it, there's just no point.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Depends really, I once took the interior out on a saxo and put it back in the next day as it was crap.

It's not really worth it and I'd prefer to just keep the comfort unless its a track toy.