ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

stripped megane 250/265 engine

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
i know the title may be a bit misleading but i'm sure this will draw some attention :p

i'm wondering if anyone ever pulled a 250/265 engine apart or does know more about the internals of these engines?

i'm very interested in what Renault upgraded or just re-used from the 225 engine.

cheers,
Arthur

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
i'm more curious on the rods and pistons tbh.
but differences between cams would be interesting too!

there's a guy on Meganesport forum called Hulk250 who has his engine forged. maybe he still has the old set of pistons/rods or has pics off it. anyone a member on there who could ask?

Last edited:

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
1492587_651899551519175_2024250985_o.jpg

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
The pistons and rods are stronger but how strong is unknown really. You see some big claims on the stock injectors saying they are 360hp but they max out on my dyno at about 325-330hp!

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
So yiu haven't ripped apart a 250 engine yet?

what about hulk250's engine, was it built by someone else?

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Yeah that's why i ask, someone ripped the engine apart so must have seen the standard pistons and rods

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Yes we did the build on the white 250, what i mean is we don't know how strong the internals are, they physically look better but not sure what the power limit will be.

The graph above was a totally standard car yesterday morning, all we did is bolt a turbo, down pipe, exhaust and injectors on then map to suit. We have another in Malaysia running the same turbo with more boost which is used a lot on track and that has had no issues since mapped in october.

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
I understand what you mean mate but i'm curious how they look, you probably won't have them anymore or didn't take any pics?