ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stripping interior

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

just finished stripping the back end out of my valver, was wondering how much lighter i could go i have heard that there is a couple of inches of sound deadening behind the dashboard and excess weight inside the doors..
Anyone stripped a valver right out? does it make a worthwhile difference?

Dave

[Edited by number1 on 04 August 2005 at 9:54pm]

Yeha piss easy to do, i just like my electric windows too much, rear wiper is gone, as is motor, sunroof motor woudl go, except it means the sunroof doesnt stay closed...apparently.

Sunroof might go soon anyways

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

Got any more details martin? is it worth ripping the sound deadening out? make it noisier?? do manual winders go into the electric window doors?? also whats with front door cards i hear u need them for mot... :S also what do insurance companys think of cars with no interior?

Dave

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Ben j on 04 August 2005

martin... how do u open your windows?
Only took the passenger motor out...gonna get polycarb windows with sliders so I can ditch the other.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

My insurance dont mind about stripping oh and you DONT need doorcards...it is noisy yeah Im sure you seen my track vids, thats with a hole in the floor where the fuel pump used to be too though!

Quote: Originally posted by number1 on 04 August 2005
Got any more details martin? is it worth ripping the sound deadening out? make it noisier?? do manual winders go into the electric window doors?? also whats with front door cards i hear u need them for mot... :S also what do insurance companys think of cars with no interior? Dave

Thats ok, ill go away now

Got any more details martin? is it worth ripping the sound deadening out? make it noisier?? do manual winders go into the electric window doors?? also whats with front door cards i hear u need them for mot... :S also what do insurance companys think of cars with no interior? Dave

You ont need door cars for the MO just ned to be able to open and close the door easily from the inside and outside of the car.
I just told my insurance company it was stripped they have it down on the documents but never asked any questions.

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 04 August 2005

Got any more details martin? is it worth ripping the sound deadening out? make it noisier?? do manual winders go into the electric window doors?? also whats with front door cards i hear u need them for mot... :S also what do insurance companys think of cars with no interior?

Dave

Thats ok, ill go away now
Sorry lunner thanks for posting pics u have been a help too, wish i could figure a way of ditching my sunroof too let me know how you get on

Dave

Easy, glue a metal plate over the inside, and fill and spray the top.

Speak to mark ritchspeed over at williams clio, he has done it on his car, and will do it in his workshop in wales for you

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

cool, i was looking at the roof and it didnt look like there was a lot of strength just behind the sunroof was thinking of having a brace welded up between the two sides of the roof to maybe strengthen the shell a little more.. just looked at your site lunner, i see you have made home made subframes for your seats, was this hard to do? also do they slide back and forward??

Dave

[Edited by number1 on 04 August 2005 at 11:46pm]