ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Struggling to reattach front shock. Any ideas?

BG 182
Hi,

I've replaced my coil spring, but I cannot get the bolt holes to line up on the hub and shock. Its a good half inch away and almost could do with being compressed.

I've tried full lock in both directions, no luck. The only way I can get the hub and shock in line is directly above the CV boot and its pressing against the rubber boot.

It came off but was under a bit of compression - what's the easiest way to get it back on? It must be simpler than this?

Many thanks,

​Kris

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
A dose of man the f**k up should do it!

seriously though, get a friend, one push down on the hub assembly and the other get a bolt in. Once you've done one its just a case of moving it about a bit until you can get the other in :)

Ph2 172 Track Toy
Is the car up at both sides? Makes a huge difference.

I normally stick summat in one of the holes to help lever it into place.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Breaker bar in between the lower arm and ARB then use mechanical advantage to pull the hub assembly down and line up your bolt holes.

Mick

BG 182
Shock is attached at the top, pressing down with two of us we can hub into the shock opening, but the bolt holes are still half an inch away - there's no more give in the hub with us pressing down, its just the shock now.

Could the replacement shock be different to the old one? I've got cup suspension and I specifically asked for a spring from a 182 cup.