ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Struggling with steering rack bush driver side

182 Blue Top
As per title, passenger side was ok, there is enough movement to pull the rack forward to get to the old bush and swap out.

problem is the drivers side, doesnt look like it has enough clearance at the top to be able to swap the bush out, will I need to take out the mounting completely to gain enough access behind the rack?

Don't want to lever the rack too much as the steering column is connected and it could end up breaking something, it feels like the rack is just pivot upwards and sort of forwards, but not enough to get the bush out where the top meets the mount, i feel it'll get pinched. Haven't taken the bush out yet as i could probably rip it out, then id be buggered getting the new one in!

help please! :D

zIbqKjc.jpg

182 Blue Top
Undone the mount top 16mm bolt by about half, and managed to the old bush out without too much pulling, should be able to squeeze new one in...just.

182 Blue Top
Right , decided in the end to remove the mount entirely, and cross threaded the mount on re - fitting, but managed to use the M10 bolt to retap the first 5mm of the thread and then connect with rest of thread!! will write this lot up into a revised mk2 guide for the bushes but has been completed, only took four hours!! Needs tracking like mad though, only place will be kwick fit on sundays :(