ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strut bolts

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Next weekend im going to change the suspension on my non cup 2003 172. The lower bolts looks really crusty. I suspect they're not going to come off without a fight/angle grinder/massive breaker bar.
A new set of front and rear nuts and bolts are £65 from Renault parts direct. Are there any cheaper alternatives?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Next weekend im going to change the suspension on my non cup 2003 172. The lower bolts looks really crusty. I suspect they're not going to come off without a fight/angle grinder/massive breaker bar.
A new set of front and rear nuts and bolts are £65 from Renault parts direct. Are there any cheaper alternatives?
They'll usually come out fine tbh, they're pretty big bolts. If you're worried, just buy some camber bolts then swap the top bolts to the bottom and shove in camber bolts

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Thanks. A load of googling suggest the front bolts are M14 x 75mm and the rears M12 x180? Which sounds very long...

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Sorry. I'm moving the goal posts. I'm guessing that if the fronts are rusted then the rears will be too, so i may as well do them all at the same time as I'll be changing the stuts and springs all round.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
The rears are pretty long, unsure on the exact length. To be honest if you're going to be removing them i'd start getting some penetrant on them now. Especially on the rears as if they snap in the beam they're a pig!

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Already have been! I snapped the bolts on the outer arb bush clamps last weekend so i'm aware that Renault bolts are a bit fraglie.