ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stupidly loud Ktec stealth

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
You missed the bit about twin pass ktec or should I say janspeed are the only company that make this type of exhaust for the 172.
The Integra type r dc2 and dc5 use the same design. The 2.5 to 2.25 bore will make little to no difference sound wise.
https://www.cliosport.net/threads/ktec-exhaust-options.790445/#post-11048568
Thanks will have a read of that.

Looks like i’ll just have to change the centre box,which should be a cheaper easier option,just need to find the right box and company to do this.The thing is what do i look for and ask when asking these garages on the silencer,i know just to say i want your quietest box:confused:

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Also found this when reading up on the supersprint system,they also mention about having one of the systems at 54mm bore to stop inside drone noise,and there group N at 63.5mm.

Front section with HJS 100 CPSI sports cat or with resonator (to avoid the typical metallic buzz of decat pipes). Ø60mm for optimal flow, compatible with OEM headers and centre pipe.
-Resonated centre section Ø54mm, to avoid drone inside the cabine
-Rear muffler Ø54mm, homologated, available in "stealth" version, hidden behind the bumper like the stock system, or with a 120x80mm oval tip under the bumper (no need to cut)

This exhaust has been developed to give optimal performance gains without being too loud and drony for daily commute and highway driving. The HJS metallic cat reduce the pollutant gas perfectly.

A version for the 182 '04-'05 version bumper, with twin central outlets, is available

The racing "Group N" exhaust, Ø 63.5mm / 2"5, is designed for race cars and trackdays, so both the front and centre sections are available in unresonated straight pipe version. The rear silencer is available with a simple Ø70mm outlet under the bumper or as a "stealth" version.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Seems very expensive for a centre pipe IMO. How much do ktec charge for the resonated centre pipe? I take it you have the straight through centre pipe just now?

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Seems very expensive for a centre pipe IMO. How much do ktec charge for the resonated centre pipe? I take it you have the straight through centre pipe just now?

No mate i have a ktec centre section with silencer but its the 2.5inch bore.
I got a price off ktec today for the 2.25inch quiter one they do and priced me
£120+vat and £10+vat for postage
But then i would need to get a sleeve made or something so it fits the 2.5inch rear box.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Got another price today and this fella wants £300 just to do the centre section.

IWS Developments Ltd

And £600 for a system from BTB
I may go over and see that guy at IWS, work looks fantastic. I want the impreza louder and to be able to hear the turbo more.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
His work does look great but quoted me to much mate just for centre section wanted £300!
See now I'm not being funny but on a low cost car that's alot but if that was for something worth ££££ then it would be reasonable.

Also the guy us making a one off from scratch. The guy who made my down pipe charged me £300 I think and wanted another £700 for the rest of the system.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
So the new centre section came this morning ready to be fitted this weekend.Interested to see what it will be like.
ECE04B49-9091-456D-9E1E-14EE609172E4.jpeg
877D4543-D713-4F34-A9EF-F543E57CDEC7.jpeg

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Yep!.same drone at 70/80!.soo f**k knows,maybe get a decent rear box made up or something.

It may tick over a bit quiter but im sure theres hardly any difference

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
That sounds like a straight through centre pipe tho & de cat?.

Im changing the rear box for ktec super quiet one i think,waiting on an email back from James at ktec

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Found some exhaust wrap in my tool box yesterday and wondered if wraping the centre section it may help with the drone noise,may make the pipe less resinate.

Anyone done this or used the exhaust wrap apart from on the manifold?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Found some exhaust wrap in my tool box yesterday and wondered if wraping the centre section it may help with the drone noise,may make the pipe less resinate.

It won't mate.

Clio 197

It won't make any difference unfortunately. I bought my system wrapped and it still makes a hell of a racket on the motorway.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Shame ay mate @197. as would of been a nice little fix.

I guess may just have to put up with it for now & get a custom made of decent system in a few months when ive got the money together.