ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stupidly loud Ktec stealth

After not driving mine for a while I noticed the noise the ktec exhaust made. Can't even enjoy listening to music as most of the tones just get droned out by the stupid exhaust.

I guess a turbo would quiet it all down though. Groupbuy anyone?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
So we've gone from buying a new smaller bore centre section to buying a custom exhaust onto getting a turbo just to make it quiter....[emoji23][emoji23]

Only on CS.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
It will be the back box that's the issue, it drones before and you cut the tail pipe off.

If you want quite then fook it all off and buy a BTB or a proper custom system, stop wasting money and time.

To make it quite you need to change the sound waves within the exhaust.

That sounds like a straight through centre pipe tho & de cat?.

Im changing the rear box for ktec super quiet one i think,waiting on an email back from James at ktec
Did you get a price on this?
Should imagine there quite expensive because of the work that goes into them.
Not many people run the super quiet exhaust because it hasn't been out long.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Yes mate ive now got the super quiet system on & having the tailpipe custom made at the moment,also have removed the backbox heat shield which has helped with reducing the noise,as it was pretty lose,so it resonated.

@flebay

monaco 172
I've bought all the bits I need to turn my stealth into a recessed. (Tip and a pms carbon surround)

Can I get away with welding the tip on straight and adjusting the angle of the back box to the centre section?

Or does the tip need welding on at an angle?

There doesn't seem to be much scope for error as it's all pretty straight

Megane R26
I've bought all the bits I need to turn my stealth into a recessed. (Tip and a pms carbon surround)

Can I get away with welding the tip on straight and adjusting the angle of the back box to the centre section?

Or does the tip need welding on at an angle?

There doesn't seem to be much scope for error as it's all pretty straight
I had the old droopy pipe cut off flush and the new pipe welded on straight, no angling. Cutting the bumper was the stressful bit where I really had to take my time to get it right

monaco 172
I had the old droopy pipe cut off flush and the new pipe welded on straight, no angling. Cutting the bumper was the stressful bit where I really had to take my time to get it right
Yeh that's my other worry!

I'm hoping you can get a bit of left right movement by rotating the centre section and back box?

Megane R26
Yeh that's my other worry!

I'm hoping you can get a bit of left right movement by rotating the centre section and back box?
That's what I did, yes. Took a fair bit of lining up and adjusting but got there in the end and it sat perfectly

I have a decatted ktec stealth (2.5") on my cup and don't find it loud at all. It's a bit louder than standard but not too bad. I put it down to it being the silenced version.
if anything I wish it was the none silenced version.

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
I actually like my super sport stealth & decat, but I don’t have a radio or interior. So I’ve no chance of peace and quiet, I am considering getting the tip replaced though for a straight pipe, looks spot on

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I have a custom longlife stealth exhaust with rear silencer only and 182 manifold/decat on my kangoo. It sounds louder inside than outside 98/99db at 5k static test, 107db on the limiter. Not had it on track since not sure if its going to be black flag territory or not yet

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Considering fitting a sports cat to knock some dbs off if needs be.
645E78FC-035B-4120-8E0D-E19408C3845F.jpeg
D73D0746-12E2-45A5-8899-EA048B5A1443.jpeg
F7D2F164-7CF1-4E96-8B78-EF3DC4458C24.jpeg

monaco 172
Thought I'd update this thread.

I decided against welding a straight tip on as I didn't want to loose my warranty on the exhaust or cut the bumper.

So i bought a brand new centre section with silencer from ktec to replace my straight through pipe and I must say it now sounds awesome and not drony.

I can actually hear the fatty induction kit which was drown out by the exhaust before so I'm pleased all round.