ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

suggestions

my Rsi was 110 BHP when i got 4 months ago, mint and owned by 2 old ladys. Since then ive put a stainless zosrt on, de cated, K&N, Superchip and Power boost valve only to get 121 at the wheel! Should I change some parts?? ideas please guys!!.........and leave out "get a valver" hehe

Skoda Fabia vRS

was the superchip setup properly, if not id spend some money on a RR session to have it properly mapped

BMW 320d Sport

Thats the only RSI that Ive ever known to get anywhere near 121 at the wheels! You sure thats at the wheels and not the flywheel?

Clio 172 cup

wouldnt 121 bhp @ the wheels be about 150bhp at the flywheel? hence same power as a willy? I think not!

I have had on the RR it was done the same day it was chippped! I also have the printout too, ill see cause maybe its at the flywheel I could be wrong, but I need more input guys, ya all know about this stuff!!! Port and polish? fast road cam? ideas!!

well..its easiest to divide by 0.7 and 0.72 for RWD cars.

not the 15% loss your actually thinking of.

and as for polishing the ports, dont, itll loose you power.

BENR

what do you recommend I do then, im thinking maybe the exhaust is not doing it justice, in MAX power a few months back one of the top zorst gave an extra 8 BHP!! what do you think, was also thinking of changin my KNN for a Twister? Also on the road, the filter would not have taken alot of air in so do you tink i lost some BHP there?? its 121 at the fly wheel just looked at my dyno plot graph

well, the only true way to power is doing head work.....the more air you can flow, the more fuel you can add....

so, i would go for the twister as a starter, exhaust is importnat, but only when the std one becomes a restriciton. and i doubt the top exhaust gave 8bhp!!!! haha! no way.

but decent system is a must. i would research and see what the most restrictive part of your engine is, then work on that. a simple cahnge to 1 choke poer cylinder could yeild a decent amount of torque and top end power. but everything you do from now on WILL be expensive.

i can port heads for 20 quid a port....i dont polish the inlets because it is detrimental to fuel suspension and fuel consilidation on port walls as the inertial force of the fuel actually takes it out of the air flow and it collects on the walls.

i can port the exhaust ports....but itll only give a few bhp (2) at max rpm and when the engine is fully prepped.

Ching@iamwasted.com

i will be back in the UK in october if you are interested.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Are you coming back for Uni Ben? If so, how much longer have you got and what will you be studying? Oh, nearly forgot, dont forget my yellow V6 when you come!

yup///for uni, but on a PT basis, i split my final year into 2 so i can concentrate on racing and my business.

oh, you V6.....we saldly had to sell you demo.....no more, till the new one comes out!!! and thats a lot better looking!

so you have 126bhp @ the wheels...i sont think so.

i got 122 @ the wheels....in me 172.

divide by 0.7 and you get 174....bout right.

Leon Cupra

My STD MK2 172 made
164BHP @ flywheel @ 6640rpm
121BHP @ the wheels
138 lbf-ft Torque @ 5640rpm

This was at the last RR day at PowerStation.

Tim.

tim, your bout right, as the 172s only really come wit 166bhp....as the factory told us to our annoyance.

Benj!!! 127 from a valver!

Ben J..

those rr figures (from the rr results page) are totally with the fairies. !

eg - a std 172 with airbox and exhaust section - 160 @ wheels..

absolutely, utterly, no way

those look more like flywheel power !

that would give your vavler about 103-106 @ wheels.

thats more realistic.

Joe.

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

i like that divide by 0.7 that would make my 74bhp at the wheels into 105bhp at the fly, not bad for a rt with just k+n and cat back zorst.
Pity i went to the second rr and got an accurate 88bhp at the fly

the reading was at the wheels..
they were meant to be a good place from what was said, maybe they are arse though!

A large number of rollers are unaccurate anyway, they are however repeatable and consistant, which is really all that counts when you are trying to get more out of an engine.

i.e before tuning and seting up you had 100bhp and after 106 bhp. You cant be totally sure of these figures, but you can be sure you have gained 6 bhp over whatever it actually was before.

It is a fact that quite often you get a different figure from differnet rollers, it all depends.

I aint got a rolling road near me, but am curious to know what my valver spits out at the wheels. Standard apart from piperX (no ducting so prob. losing some rather than gaining)

Alex M