ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunday Goodwood 06 Pics

dk

911 GTS Cab
OK, here are my pics from today at goodwood.

I found it very hard to get any decent shots up the hill due to the amount of people, too many heads in the way, think i might do the friday next year!

Anyway here, is the best of the 700 i shot, some quality shots i think and a few celebrities into the bargain!

Bit worried about the Vurgin jumbo shot as it has a lot of marks on it from fully zoomed in, lens is brand new so will need to check tomorrow to see if its on the lens or the protector on it.

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/davidkn/Goodwood06/

Enjoy

Lee

BMW M2C
dave182 said:
OK, here are my pics from today at goodwood.

I found it very hard to get any decent shots up the hill due to the amount of people, too many heads in the way, think i might do the friday next year!

Anyway here, is the best of the 700 i shot, some quality shots i think and a few celebrities into the bargain!

Bit worried about the Vurgin jumbo shot as it has a lot of marks on it from fully zoomed in, lens is brand new so will need to check tomorrow to see if its on the lens or the protector on it.

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/davidkn/Goodwood06/

Enjoy

You should have been stood in the Renault VIP area. Excellent view.

Some great pics there. I wish we had found time to get to the offroad section. I'm doing 2 days next year at least.

I've got loads of pics to go through and convert as they are all in RAW mode.

But gutted I missed the jumbo, but I had the wrong lens on.

Excellent bike pic, and the Damon one is quality.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Lee said:
You should have been stood in the Renault VIP area. Excellent view.

Some great pics there. I wish we had found time to get to the offroad section. I'm doing 2 days next year at least.

I've got loads of pics to go through and convert as they are all in RAW mode.

But gutted I missed the jumbo, but I had the wrong lens on.

Excellent bike pic, and the Damon one is quality.
well, if i had had an invite to the renault VIP area I might have been able to stand there and admire the view! ;)

I didn't get enough time at the offroad area or rally, would have liked to have spent more time there.

I got the jumbo but where I was meant we missed most of the red arrows because of the trees!

I like the bike pic, and also the one of jenson burning rubber! The Damon one was wierd, I was standing in his garage as he came in and then nobody had noticed it was him and i shouted 'look its damon hill' and then loads of people gathered, luckily i was at the front, but getting shoved a lot from behind!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Djw Dave said:
Looks like rain on the lense? If it wasnt raning then id worry lol

**edit** good pics as well
wasn't rain, didn't get that lens out until after the rain, will check tomorrow whether its the lens or the protect filter, only visible on the sky shots

dk

911 GTS Cab
leeds_182 said:
Best picture of Rolf Harris I have ever seen.
LOL, not my main aim for the day, would have preferred that my best picture was a stunning car or bike but hey, beggars can't be choosers~!!!

thanks

Lee

BMW M2C
polarbert said:
How did you get into there Lee? Whereabouts on the track was it?
The Stewart Pavilion. I got pics.

Sod the cake, we had chocolate fountains with marshmallows and strawberries. I have pics of that too. lol

I've got some pics of Dave taking pics too.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Lee said:
The Stewart Pavilion. I got pics.

Sod the cake, we had chocolate fountains with marshmallows and strawberries. I have pics of that too. lol

I've got some pics of Dave taking pics too.
lol, stalker!

very random meeting people today, left home to meet someone at the event, both left from different locations at different times, us stopping at the services and they didn't and about 15 miles form there we get passed by them!

then while in the services, who rolls up to fred and yoz, who i then saw later on again in the paddock, then saw K&W and Lee twice also round the event.

all those people, all that road and all those random meetings, its a small world!!!!;)

dk

911 GTS Cab
my three favourite

goodwood06IMG_3727.jpg

goodwood06IMG_3763.jpg

goodwood06IMG_3563.jpg

106 GTi
Some nice shots Dave.

What Aperture was the Jumbo shot taken at, spots look dust on the camera's sensor to me.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Rich said:
Some nice shots Dave.

What Aperture was the Jumbo shot taken at, spots look dust on the camera's sensor to me.
200mm, 1/250 shutter and f18 ap, why, is it bad or something?

i have checked the lens and its good, also tried another lens and the same happens so Rich, prize of the day must go to you as i tend to agree its on the sensor.

So next question then, how the hell do i fix it, can i do that myself, will i need one of those blowy things?

could i take it to jessops and pay them to do it properly?

106 GTi
Re: Sunday Goodwood 06 Pics - Rich, please look reg. my sensor dust! ;) Thanks!

f18 - That is why it shows up Dave. Anything over say f11 will show up sensor dust, especially on skys.

Yeah a bulb blower thing is the best option, though there are sensor swab diy kits but they seem a bit scary, look into the 350D manual about sensor cleaning.

Will be intrested to know if you can find a camera shop that offers sensor cleaning - as mine needs doing, I have blown the sensor clean but still get a few specks from time to time. I try and keep the aperture under f8 ideally to stop them showing.

Yeah the classic test if you have dust/sh*t on your sensor is to shoot into the sky with a high f stop, the red arrow ones show that do you have some dust and it should be relatively easy to get rid up if you have mirror lock up and get a rocket blower (not compressed air).

EDIT: Beaten to it ;)

106 GTi

LOL at the title change Dave!

Lee

BMW M2C

I need to do mine. I got the same when I took pics of the red arrows. I only got one of the jumbo as I had the wrong lens on at the time.

al

ST on the way...

Cracking pics mate!

p.s. Does look like there's dust somewhere.

dk

911 GTS Cab

wow, I love this forum, first i joined to get info on the 182, now its like I have a mini DSLR camera community now to keep me entertained!

You guys are so knowledgeable on these things!

I will take a trip to jessops on saturday and see if a) they offer a cheap cleaning service or b) they have a good air thingy i can buy and even better if they can show me how to use it by doing my camera for me!

I now have another problem though, my protect lens had some dust on it so i blew onto it to clear it and some spit came out at the same time lol. Whats the best thing to clean a filter with, any glass type cleaner or is there something specific please?

Seems this dust thing is going to be a common task though what with you guys having it too so maybe I need to ge the hang of it myself rather than relying on someone else to do it for me.

Love You Guys!!!!

106 GTi
Re: Sunday Goodwood 06 Pics - Rich, thanks bud! ;)

Dust getting into the body is the side effect of changing lenses no matter how carefull you are.

Most peope recommend using proper lens wipes to clean Lense Glass and Filters. I just fog mine up with my breath and wipe with a Microfiber cloth.

Let us know what Jessops say.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Re: Sunday Goodwood 06 Pics - Rich, thanks bud! ;)

will do, thanks again.

Need to get it sorted really as i am going to the farnbrough air show in 2 weeks and don't want the pics ruined!

dk

911 GTS Cab
cool, ordered a blower (nearly chocked when i saw the price of those 'advanced' kits!!!) some lens cleaner and a microfibre.

this photography lark is starting to get expensive and i haven't even bought my extender yet!!!

106 GTi
I weas hoping you may by an advanced kit so I could borrow it! lol

It sure is, I refuse to add up what it has cost me.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Rich said:
I weas hoping you may by an advanced kit so I could borrow it! lol

It sure is, I refuse to add up what it has cost me.
LOL, it took a lot of will power but thats the cost of an extender!!!

When I bought my car i looked for some decent wax for it, ended up buying a zymol kit for £250!!!!!

106 GTi
Very true, wait till the 70-200 plus extender becomes to short ;)

Well - like I told you that was just silly!