ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunroof Drainage Big Problems!! Pic Needed :D

Hey guys,

well first off I just got a 1.2 Clio N reg, very pleased with it at the moment. I discoverd a leak from the sunroof, I reaserched it on the forums but there is so many different answers I really don't know what is the right one.

When ever I go round a corner my passanger is covered in a down poor of water :rasp:, also its pretty damn around the roofing around the sunroof, and also in the footwells.

I thought it must be the drainage tubes that are blocked so water is overflowing into the car, but I can't see how to get to them to unblock them?

Anyone got a pic of where they are or how to get to them????

Thanks guys ! James :cool:

Clio S Maxim
All older version clio sunroofs leak but mine didnt leak that much! lol footwells hmm...

corsa c exclusiv
same, i have a ph3 aswell, and the water was coming in throught the aerial, it coroded the light panel, but silicon soon fixed it

exact same hapened to me and my old ph3, id sort it out as soon as you can mate, as mine leaked, and itmessed up my central locking, which then messed up the imobilliser, and i have to sell the car for peanuts in the end as all the electrics were f*cked!!

seal up the aerial with some sort of silicone!!

Phase 1 172, boxster
Mine leaked like a Biatch too, was told it was the aerial so siliconed it up but it still leaked so taped up the sun roof now it dosnt, but best to silicon that up too, i will do soon lol

1.4 Maxim (Breaking!)
I had this so bad that it actually started to form mould on the back seats and seatbelts, took a dry day and some clear silicone and smoothed all around the outside of the sunroof, wait to dry and clean the excess off (a finger will do). now the car doesnt leak at all and doesnt feel damp n cloggy. A+ to the power of the silicone!

Mk1 RT + F7p + 172 Brakes
this happened 2 my mk1 ph1. i was told by an experianced mechanic that it was the ariel but after sealing the ariel with mastik it continued 2 leak so as a quick fix i sealed the sunroof shut with expanding foam sealant. no leak now but hidious looking sunroof. now the sun is here i think ill re do the seal with clear or black silicon.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
First off, it can be many problems. The sunroof doesnt actually drain. Its classed as an aftermarket sunroof as it isnt flush and it doesnt roll into the bodywork.

I sealed mine after taking the headcloth down. Take the headcloth down at the front, and i had to drill my headcloth as i wasnt going to take the whole cloth down. Now i took the whole sunroof up and then cleaned and dried the whole area around the sunroof and the ariel. Then i sealed the sunroof and ariel again. Placed all the items back into the headcloth and then secured everything.

Now i have a leak free car and my imobiliser works fine.