ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharged trophy

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
been looking at this onlt thing that puts me off is ktec done a lot of the work,looks a stunning car,i read its on the trophy forums

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  BG 182
I saw that one this morning looks quite nice never seen the whole point of supercharging or any major engine mod on a trophy myself but each to their own

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
seems a lot but the supercharger is the price point,ive been umming and arring looking at it if it was around 8k,i would be very keen,but ktec again have done the work AGHHHHHHH.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't help but feel it would've been better if it was left alone.
Better? You mean slower, and the same as all other Trophys? I know what you're saying but shouldn't we praise people for doing something different? Maybe if the price was £5.5k you'd think differently?

never seen the whole point of supercharging or any major engine mod on a trophy myself but each to their own
How come? At the end of the day it's just a cheap, French hot hatch. I know the Trophy is a limited edition and command a premium over regular 182s, but people modify standard 182s with a t/c or s/c and I've seen plenty which are more rare than a Trophy - take the Petrol Blue s/c 182, for example - only 29 made in that colour iirc.

Not everyone buys a Trophy to keep it a pristine garage queen, some drive it, enjoy it, and feel the chassis and handling is capable of taking an extra chunk of power. It's a special car, why not make it even more so?

As for trying to recoup your expenditure with a massive sale price, I'm not convinced that's the way forward...

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  BG 182
I completely understand where you are coming from but my point of view is when I first bought my trophy I was Cotemplating throttle bodying mine but after having a good think I just couldn't do it to such a rare car that will only appreciate it if I keep it in good condition with very minor mods that wouldn't put a future buyer off seeing as I have looked at my trophy more of an investment and will be storing in the near future.

If I was going to supercharge/turbo/itb I would just buy a 172-182 cup save myself a lot of money and just do the work on that ?

As I've said the work looks well done and everybody has there own taste if we all liked the same forums wouldn't be half as much fun

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Better? You mean slower, and the same as all other Trophys? I know what you're saying but shouldn't we praise people for doing something different? Maybe if the price was £5.5k you'd think differently?

How come? At the end of the day it's just a cheap, French hot hatch. I know the Trophy is a limited edition and command a premium over regular 182s, but people modify standard 182s with a t/c or s/c and I've seen plenty which are more rare than a Trophy - take the Petrol Blue s/c 182, for example - only 29 made in that colour iirc.

Not everyone buys a Trophy to keep it a pristine garage queen, some drive it, enjoy it, and feel the chassis and handling is capable of taking an extra chunk of power. It's a special car, why not make it even more so?

As for trying to recoup your expenditure with a massive sale price, I'm not convinced that's the way forward...

Should people start super charging a vee next ...

It takes away any buyer wanting an oe model with low miles, its limited edition and worth more in standard form

Be lucky to get 6.5k imo

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
225   0   0
  TCR'd 172
seems a lot but the supercharger is the price point,ive been umming and arring looking at it if it was around 8k,i would be very keen,but ktec again have done the work AGHHHHHHH.

Let's be honest thou a few other well known tuners have some massive f**k ups under there names but they never seemed to get talked about on here for some reason ! the only ones who people are free to slag off ( and yes I know they have they have messed up a few times ) are k tec ! If they were really as bad as people on hear make out I wonder how they are still trading . If it had been built elsewhere everyone would just presume it would be perfect and never had or will have any problems . Most converted cars do ,just that most of the time no one talks about it or admits to it On hear because they are too emmbarrased after ploughing all that cash in that they have a few issues. Car looks good to me and worth the cash for the performance and individuality alone !
If you like it and seems good go for it you could always get it inspected elsewhere.

Last edited:

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should people start super charging a vee next ...

It takes away any buyer wanting an oe model with low miles, its limited edition and worth more in standard form
I totally agree with what you and basket491 are saying, but not everyone buys a Trophy to keep it standard in order to protect its resale value and make it as easy to sell as possible.

Sure, the man who supercharges a v6 is brave, but if he has a handful of other cars, is never going to sell the vee (so residuals are irrelevant) and he loves the car but wants to make it infinitely more special and unique then why shouldn't he?

I think we're in agreement that were he to sell it he'd never get back the money spent, plus finding the person equally brave enough to buy it would be a huge challenge, all I'm saying is that it's an owner's prerogative to do whatever they want with their own car. At the end of the day a Trophy is a 'cheap' car, it's never going to make you big money in the next 10 years or so.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Trader Rating - 100%
24   0   0
In the grand scheme of things, £9k for a minty fresh s/c version of probably one of the best hot hatches ever made, is essentially f*ck all.

Just because most 1*2's are now about the same price as a set of tyres for my M135i, doesnt mean that some people out there dont want to simply buy the best available, with the work already done. To compare, I paid £11.5k for a Mini GP1 of similar age, when a normal MCS would be £4k, does that make me mad?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
225   0   0
  TCR'd 172
In the grand scheme of things, £9k for a minty fresh s/c version of probably one of the best hot hatches ever made, is essentially f*ck all.

Just because most 1*2's are now about the same price as a set of tyres for my M135i, doesnt mean that some people out there dont want to simply buy the best available, with the work already done. To compare, I paid £11.5k for a Mini GP1 of similar age, when a normal MCS would be £4k, does that make me mad?

No it makes you able to see something for what it is actually worth , rather than most people who sees it only being worth what everyone else tells them it is worth !

A proper mint / rare car will always be worth the extra cash .