ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension front end refresh?

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
Wanting to replace a few bits on the front end to try cure some of the knocks clonks ect can anyone give me ideas of what can be replaced to stop the horrible noises? Ino its french and its a clio but I love it so dont mind spending money on it :) also when going over drain covers that dip down a bit my steering feels to be all over the place and somtimes feels like the steering has a mind of its own lol

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Sounds a bit like a ball joint.

It all depends how far you want to go...

Shocks
Steering rack bushes
ARB bushes
Wishbones including ball joints
Shock top mounts

Check out Dans trader section SJM he has a thread up with an idea on costs.

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
Brilliant thanks mate :) worth replacing bushes with lowerflex? Or just use oem ones? I already have a powerflex dogbone but want everthing to feel to stiff I have 2 ball joints in the shed I might replace them over the weekend :)

Sounds a bit like a ball joint.

It all depends how far you want to go...

Shocks
Steering rack bushes
ARB bushes
Wishbones including ball joints
Shock top mounts

Check out Dans trader section SJM he has a thread up with an idea on costs.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I'm just in the process if doing the front end plus a new set of coilovers as mine are shagged. General consensus seems to be Powerflex are not worth doing and original parts are more than up to the job.

I'm just waiting on Adam from Renault Wolverhampton to come back to me with some prices (see Renault Wolverhampton traders section for my post when he updates it)

Mines a 172 cup.

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
Cheers ill keep a eye out do u no if the cup shocks are a simple swap on a non cup?

I'm just in the process if doing the front end plus a new set of coilovers as mine are shagged. General consensus seems to be Powerflex are not worth doing and original parts are more than up to the job.

I'm just waiting on Adam from Renault Wolverhampton to come back to me with some prices (see Renault Wolverhampton traders section for my post when he updates it)

Mines a 172 cup.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Correct j.

Ph1, ph2 172, ph2 172 cup, ph2 182 Are all the same 54mm spacing.
182 cup and trophy are 60mm bolt spacing.

Aren't the front shocks the same wether cup model or not ? I thought only rears different with bolt spacing and fronts all same shocks

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
Yea I did read up a while ago about stock parts are more up to the job :) can anyone tell me what bushes ect ars on the front end so I can look them up I might just replace them all and make it nice and fresh

Powerflex aren't worth it. Just use stock items.

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
Thinking of getting the ktec coilover kit that there selling for £340 inc vat seen a few good comments on them anyone know what the ride is like?

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
Agh I see haha bang goes that! Whats the best cheapest coilovers on the market? I was just gunna get springs but wanted to go fairly low :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Best for what?

if you want it fairly low and handling well on a budget get new cup shocks and a set of cooksport springs.

I'm on cooksports and new cup shocks, it's about as low as you can go without worrying about speed bumps which is perfect for me.

reqadujy.jpg

Last edited: