ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Syncing an iphone with another computer

Question on effect.

If I sync an iphone with a new computer, not the original one, how much and what will it wipe.

I ask as my missus no longer has the comp. her phone is synced to, but has purchased apps and music along with a lot of contacts and obviously not wanting to lose it all.

If i was to sync it to my comp, would it wipe everything or what?

Thanks.

Audi S1
Not to sure, could try calling them but they will probably tell you that you need to book an appointment etc... even though it's not a hardware issue. Pain in the ass though!

Some were made on the computer too though...

It's more contacts, pics and apps she's worried about. Which is fair enough.

Citroen DS3 White
Its a question of combining two accounts, every purchase is linked to an account.

From Apple website
I have multiple Apple IDs. Is there a way for me to consolidate them into a single Apple ID?
Sorry, but this is not possible at this time via our online tools. You can speak with an AppleCare representative, who can help you consolidate your registered Apple products. They can also help register your iPods, iPhones, or Mac computers under a single Apple ID.

Interesting thanks.

So it appears all that would go is music, when initial sync is made. And apps can be transferred once synced.

Kawasaki ER6N
Surely just plug into a comp with iTunes and right click on the iphone devise and click back up?

Cheers guys.
Did it at the weekend, proper simple, nothing too it really. Transferred purchased music and apps. Left pics and contacts on there fine.

So i've not got all her apps. Yay.

But anyway, the camera didn't come up in the root directory to copy the camera roll off so i could update. Not a biggy, just wasn't sure why.