ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Take care in the snow :(

Braking towards a snowy empty junction, the abs kicks in and I'm heading for the kerb. Chose a kerbed wheel over a possible burst tyre. So gutted though, no one to blame but myself.

Anyone else on the same boat? :(

5e0e9093-35bd-6ceb.jpg

Don't know if the picture will work, using tapatalk.

Ph 1 172
Ouch!! I did this last year but some how hit the kerb hard enough to bend one of the bolts holding the break calipers in place and cracking a wheel. Hopefully the weather will be ok over next 3 days as I got alot of driving to do to central London

172 turbo
well last yr snow hid massive pot hole of filled complety wrote off my brand new td 1.2 160 down the drain to far buckles u think thats bad :(

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I did this last year and bent my lower arm into the brake disc and buckled my alloy :|

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
christ scenic upside down, good thing the newer renaults hold up well in crashes, only thing renault does well in is safety lol

2005 Clio Sport 182
My Clio's been loads of fun 2nite untill i came home! usually takes 5 mins to get from my mates. just took an hour and half and i had to grit the street up to my house! madness!!!

I know it could have been alot worse, but it's still a fvcking shltter when I paid £200 to get them all powder coated about 500 miles ago. Ouch at the scenic, good to hear your Mum is OK.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Firered Stingray, was your mother running some sort of racing slick on the rear tyres??

Skoda fabia Vrs
Yip I'm in the same boat mate. Mine was worse than that though on Saturday. 5-10mph a swear!

Re-furb on next year's list alloys bubbling on a year old car anyway!

Btw you get that dvd? You didn't let me know

Edition 30
Yip I'm in the same boat mate. Mine was worse than that though on Saturday. 5-10mph a swear!

I'm the same. Pic to follow...

Sucks eh, atleast I'm not the only one. I'm going to see about getting it fixed at the first possible oppertunity which is Friday.

Got the DVD yeah sorry, forgot to let you know. Thanks again!

Skoda fabia Vrs
Sucks eh, atleast I'm not the only one. I'm going to see about getting it fixed at the first possible oppertunity which is Friday.

Got the DVD yeah sorry, forgot to let you know. Thanks again!

I'm going to get mine powder coated instead of painted. Better finish! Will get that done in january a reckon:approve:

Ok mate enjoy!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I'm in the same boat n'all :(.

Only a standard dynamique alloy, but still abit pissed off.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Mine :(

DSCF9168.jpg

Does look a bit worse on the photo than it actually is due to the flash.

Listerine & Poledo
the missus took the 172 for a hack down to the inlaws and is now "stuck on a hill"

"Have you tried turning off traction control?"
the what? something keeps flashing at me on the dash and the brakes keep going weird.... and it smells odd!

*Facepalm*

"Navy" N17 TWO
:lolup: I'd cry tbh!

I thought my wheel was bad but I gave the rim a wee scuff in the summer
but then I was staring at something beyond the kerb at the time ;)