ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tapits on a willy

(iceburg sliver) clio 172
my mate has just brought a L-reg 1st edtion williams for a bargin price, off another mate the only problem is the tapits are fucked.. his planning on taking it to hillpower in the next few weeks , but does any one know how to quieten them down, what u reckon for cost too

Last edited:
  Valver
Sure it doesnt need a top up of oil? When my tappets start getting real noisey its because there isnt enough oil in it, top it up and they go quiet...

Put the ignition on and see what level the oil gauge is on!

LiquidPhoto.co.uk
or use the dip stick?? i wouldnt trust that gauge at all! being french and electrical!

the forte top end treatment worked for me! altough they were'nt all that noisey, and i ran decent fully synth oil in it

Clio 172 mk2
Does depend on oil too....some brands will quieten them down...others wil make most sound like a bag of nails

Fiesta ST
As per Oilman's advice to me to quieten mine down on my car, try using a top end fully synthetic oil such as Motul 300v and then try some top-end as well. My guess is the oil and filter need a good change on the car if it's quite old. :)