ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

teflon polish new on market

Milltek'd 182
i really dont understand why everyone is arguing. cusco kid...stop rising to the bait, just let them say the sh*t and prove them wrong with people trying your product. as for everyone else, lets just leave it there.

ITB BG 182
as they say in italy intercourseium jecobis meassis asbestossis means F**K YOU JACK I AM FIREPPROOF byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Sorry people but this cusco kid is really annoying ^^ that does not mean im fire proof that means you dont know italian.
"vaffunculo prova del fuoco della presa im" is f**k you jack im fire proof.

When i first read this thread i was genuinly intrestd like many others but like some one has pointd out this guy/girl has only come on here to sell an people have gave there opions on it which has not been upto scratch of what cusco wanted, I was going to ask for a small sample for a mate to try out on my car (i have it valet'd) an if it came out good results pictures and info would be posted on here an also if he said it was worth it i would have purchased a big tin/tub/bottle of this for myself.
BUT just from the sheer abuse that he has been giving people on this forum to some of the members such as Rich who people look upto when it comes to cleaning a car or general advice, i personally hope that you dont sell a single item on this forum an as soon as i find out the name of your product ill name and shame it on other forums making sure as much as possible that you struggle to shift it all.

Really my friend you do need to think about how you come across to people.

Clio dynamique 1.4 16v
i said i'd try it, but haven't had a reply from cusco yet. really would like to try it as i have life that doesn't really allow me time to spend a full day fondling my car ;)

Look at question 2: http://www.gliptone.com/faq.asp

And there's a lot of chat here: http://www.finishing.com/152/28.shtml but a couple of posts stand out:

I stumbled onto this site looking into the entire teflon thing. I think I should clear somethings up. I worked in the fuel cell industry, and we used liquid teflon for its hydrophilic properties. The one poster was correct that when teflon gets hot it can be toxic, but there is no way that can happen on a cars surface. The sintering temperature (the point where teflon melts and adheres to a surface)is 572 degrees f. Teflon in liquid form is a suspended particle and looks milky white.Teflon is actually a particle, and not a liquid.
Teflon can be suspended in a medium (in this case its a wax), to change the properties of the wax. Once the wax wears off, so does the teflon.
Teflon in carpets etc is applied when the cloth is manufactured. That too will wear off in time (scotchguard etc). When its applied to cloth, it is in a less hostile environment then a carpet or a chair.

And

Ok guys, I think I can answer all these questions with the truth and with logic. Manufacturers started adding "TEFLON" to car polish because consumers are familiar with the "word". Nothing will stick to teflon, so its virtually impossible to get it to stick to the finish, UNLESS you physically (mechanically) bond it to the paint the same way they "bond" it to a frying pad. They "scratch" the metal with 1000's of microfine scratches, and then force the pure "PTFE" or (TEFLON-Duponts brand name)into the scratches under head and pressure. Can you do this to your car? Probably, but you probably don't want to scratch the finish to do it, and you don't *have* to, to have a slippery coating. Someone said they could do it, by using a high speed buffer- problem with this, is that if it was truly 100% teflon, the buffing wheel wouldn't cause friction to create the heat (remember its TEFLON-no friction). + or - charges? Electro-magnetically bonding something to your paint finish would hold about as well as rubbing a balloon with wool, and sticking styrofoam to it. By the way, the product that someone claimed was being "manufactured and sold BY DUPONT", isn't a "DUPONT" product, its an outside company, buying TEFLON from DUPONT, licensed to use the DUPONT logo... its not actually made by DUPONT. Look at the company name on the rear of the products. Its not Dupont. That doesn't mean its not a good product, but its not necessary to fool people into buying good products with names like "TEFLON", its just *easier* to do so.

You probably could get a car properly Teflon coated but it would be expensive!

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
To be honest who gives a flying f*ck.

If it works then great buy some, if not then you can tell him to piss off.

So far none of you actually know whether it works or not and no-one on here is called MR.Teflon.

Why not save your breath and just wait for him to post some "proof" as apposed to digging yourself a hole?

:p

^^I actually posted a few pages back that the teflon particles would be suspended in a waxy substrate rather than being bonded to the paintwork. Paintwork would burn long before 572 degrees was ever actually reached.

Its not necessarily a bad product, i'm sure its very good but the teflon element is marketing over function. I'm not saying thats a bad thing as many wax's in this world are a triumph of marketing over function.

Du pont do have a history of making some very good materials but with few practical uses - anyone remeber kevlar? A great invention but unless you need a bullet proof vest its sales are limited! Therefore you have to think of products you can put kevlar/teflon in to help them sell ;)

subaru /clio 182 trophy

And there's a lot of chat here: http://www.finishing.com/152/28.shtml but a couple of posts stand out:

I stumbled onto this site looking into the entire teflon thing. I think I should clear somethings up. I worked in the fuel cell industry, and we used liquid teflon for its hydrophilic properties. The one poster was correct that when teflon gets hot it can be toxic, but there is no way that can happen on a cars surface. The sintering temperature (the point where teflon melts and adheres to a surface)is 572 degrees f. Teflon in liquid form is a suspended particle and looks milky white.Teflon is actually a particle, and not a liquid.
Teflon can be suspended in a medium (in this case its a wax), to change the properties of the wax. Once the wax wears off, so does the teflon.
Teflon in carpets etc is applied when the cloth is manufactured. That too will wear off in time (scotchguard etc). When its applied to cloth, it is in a less hostile environment then a carpet or a chair.

And

Ok guys, I think I can answer all these questions with the truth and with logic. Manufacturers started adding "TEFLON" to car polish because consumers are familiar with the "word". Nothing will stick to teflon, so its virtually impossible to get it to stick to the finish, UNLESS you physically (mechanically) bond it to the paint the same way they "bond" it to a frying pad. They "scratch" the metal with 1000's of microfine scratches, and then force the pure "PTFE" or (TEFLON-Duponts brand name)into the scratches under head and pressure. Can you do this to your car? Probably, but you probably don't want to scratch the finish to do it, and you don't *have* to, to have a slippery coating. Someone said they could do it, by using a high speed buffer- problem with this, is that if it was truly 100% teflon, the buffing wheel wouldn't cause friction to create the heat (remember its TEFLON-no friction). + or - charges? Electro-magnetically bonding something to your paint finish would hold about as well as rubbing a balloon with wool, and sticking styrofoam to it. By the way, the product that someone claimed was being "manufactured and sold BY DUPONT", isn't a "DUPONT" product, its an outside company, buying TEFLON from DUPONT, licensed to use the DUPONT logo... its not actually made by DUPONT. Look at the company name on the rear of the products. Its not Dupont. That doesn't mean its not a good product, but its not necessary to fool people into buying good products with names like "TEFLON", its just *easier* to do so.

hi m8 i think you will find this product is made and manufactured by du-pont geo

subaru /clio 182 trophy
Sorry people but this cusco kid is really annoying ^^ that does not mean im fire proof that means you dont know italian.

When i first read this thread i was genuinly intrestd like many others but like some one has pointd out this guy/girl has only come on here to sell an people have gave there opions on it which has not been upto scratch of what cusco wanted, I was going to ask for a small sample for a mate to try out on my car (i have it valet'd) an if it came out good results pictures and info would be posted on here an also if he said it was worth it i would have purchased a big tin/tub/bottle of this for myself.
BUT just from the sheer abuse that he has been giving people on this forum to some of the members such as Rich who people look upto when it comes to cleaning a car or general advice, i personally hope that you dont sell a single item on this forum an as soon as i find out the name of your product ill name and shame it on other forums making sure as much as possible that you struggle to shift it all.

hi m8 i did not start it i just fired back the the aggro regards geo

subaru /clio 182 trophy
i said i'd try it, but haven't had a reply from cusco yet. really would like to try it as i have life that doesn't really allow me time to spend a full day fondling my car ;)

sorry m8 totaly my fault, w8in for shipment from holland it will be here friday remind me sat and o will send you a tin regards geo

subaru /clio 182 trophy
I have had my car polished with teflon and it is superb. As one person previously that sand grains occured on his paint work this only lasts for the first 2 washes approximately after that the super shine gleams every time. I would reccomend it to anyone and I'm even thinking of trying to start a buisness doing this myself
Kevin John Cross
- Inverness, United Kingdom regards geo

subaru /clio 182 trophy

Is a joke, you cant take things so serious you need to chill out m8

And

hi m8 i think you will find this product is made and manufactured by du-pont geo

If it's made by DuPont then it's from this range: http://www.carcare.dupont.com/products/products_default.asp

Sorry to show my ignornace and completly off topic but what does geo mean? cusco kid and john from inverness say it after their posts?????

subaru /clio 182 trophy
hi guys glad to see good results from tests this product is good , easy to use quick .i polished my daughters car today in 30 mins inc glass and wheels looking good .younger son just back tonight from wiltshire 430 miles there 430 back again last polished 2 weeks ago will see tomorrow when washed we have done 20 car washes on another car with heavy duty tfr annd teflon still there ,water still running off + 1 wash with that foam cleaner( VERY CAUSTIC) still showing covered in teflon i eill keep you posted on our tests geo;)

Clio dynamique 1.4 16v
cusco have you got any tins of the stuff in yet? waiting to try it out, so i've not washed the car this weekend to have a good go at it.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Got any pics of this product, i have cash waiting, just need to see what i am buying off you

PMed you also.