ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Temps, Aftermarket Gauges etc

JimF

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Just wondering if anyone finds it useful having aftermarket water temp, oil temp & oil pressure gauges on their weekend toy/track car?
Obviously it’s helpful having an idea of what your engine is doing, but I haven’t seen a great deal of folk with them. Unless I haven’t been looking hard enough.
It’s not like I want them for looks, I’d happily run something with a digital display for all outputs that’s subtle and hidden somewhere as long as I can set alarms on the gauges etc. Something like a Scangauge that takes aftermarket senders.
Are they not worth the hassle or are people just checking the factory water temp gauge and hoping for the best?

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
Personally in a N/A car the only extra gauge I'd have would be a Oil Pressure and Oil Temp gauge, SPA do a lovely dual one for £200 which I can highly recommend.
Unless you have a full on race car with the ability to data log from your ECU or an additional external device (digital race dash type), then you can plug in extra sensors in willy and indeed nilly lol
Rich

JimF

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Cheers Rich! To be fair that’s the exact one I was looking at. I was thinking oil temp will give an indication of water temp anyway.
I’m tempted with the SPA one but would prefer it if it was a bit more subtle. Could fit it in the drinks holder I suppose.

Simbo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Personally in a N/A car the only extra gauge I'd have would be a Oil Pressure and Oil Temp gauge, SPA do a lovely dual one for £200 which I can highly recommend.
Unless you have a full on race car with the ability to data log from your ECU or an additional external device (digital race dash type), then you can plug in extra sensors in willy and indeed nilly lol
Rich
This may be a bit of a long shot but do you have a copy of the manual for the Spa oil pressure / oil temp gauge? My 172 came with this very useful gauge fitted but I have no idea how to change the various settings. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
This is for the spa dual gauges. Very hard to get parts for now if you need spares.

Attachments

• Dual_Guage_Manual-DG6-MG15269_and_UP.pdf
    410.4 KB · Views: 64

Simbo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
You're a star, sir! Many thanks for responding so quickly. Very much appreciated. Cheers!