ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Test Drive Magazine - 182

I think Im going blind ..... I havent seen any comment on the Clio 182 vs Ibiza Cupra PD160 (diesel) in the first edition of Test Drive Magazine!

Clio wins of course but that diesel sure is fast... both timed as 0-60 in 6.8 secs. Just a shame they didnt make the cupra as nimble as the clio.

Not sure what they were doing but the got the clio to do 22.8 MPG now thats some serious abuse.

Summary.

1st CLIO 182

+ Sharp chassis, eager engine, stripes

- build quality, cabin space, turning circle

2nd Cupra diesel

+ Mid range punch, cabin quality, running costs

- lumpy ride, tyre noise, diesel clatter

Lee

BMW M2C

To be honest my usual daily drive sees no less than 30mpg usually around 32, giving it some it still only drops down to 28mpg. Amazing for a 2.0 litre car.

Spa was an exception, obviously I was giving it lots of revs most the time.

dk

911 GTS Cab

also, there was a pic of a guy in the mag who was commenting on the astra vxr and golf GTi and his profile said he owned a 182, was a member of the public, just wondered if it was anybody off here.

his name was James XXXX cant remember the surname at the mo.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 18 October 2004

yes, only a diesel and got 150 bhp but it puts out the same 0-60 time
158 bhp Turbocharged

Identical times as our 182s but quicker mid range and quicker braking.Nice car by the looks of it as well.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 18 October 2004

Dave its got 160 hp hence the Ibiza Cupra PD160 ;)
They rounded it up to 160,thats cheating :eek:

Sod it,lets round ours up as well then and call them Clio 190s :D

dk

911 GTS Cab

sorry, yes my mistake, wasnt thinking and forgot it was mentioned in the first post, was just trying to remember from the article what it was. I do remember the 30-50 being the same i think and also the clio has a much better power to weight ratio, just a shame it loses out to about 100 lb/ft of touque.

Its still a diesle though and doesnt handle as well, plus i dont like the look of it, so i would still prefer the clio, and its cheaper!