ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The American Dream - My Knight Rider KITT Project :-)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I wouldn't blow over that myself, unless you know what you're doing?

No one on here that's local that could come help out?

That can't just be blown over, needs rubbing right back etc.

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
I wouldn't blow over that myself, unless you know what you're doing?

No one on here that's local that could come help out?

That can't just be blown over, needs rubbing right back etc.

Yeah I really ain't confident doing it myself. If anyone fancies helping that would be greatly appreciated!!
Got someone who does bodywork coming out to quote me first thing but I'm thinking it's gonna be expensive!!

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Paints sorted! Fantastic job done by a mobile paint fella from Wakefield! That part of the hood is now much shinier and nicer than the rest now though lol!

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Just a few up to date pics for you :)

DSCF4614.jpg

DSCF4613.jpg

DSCF4612.jpg

DSCF4611.jpg

DSCF4610.jpg

DSCF4606.jpg

DSCF4604.jpg

DSCF4602.jpg

DSCF4601.jpg

DSCF4600.jpg

DSCF4599.jpg

DSCF4598.jpg

DSCF4597.jpg

DSCF4596.jpg

DSCF4595.jpg

DSCF4594.jpg

DSCF4593.jpg

DSCF4592.jpg

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Borrowed this pic from the guys who are gonna be making my dash. When mines done it should look pretty much identical to this! My actual electronics have come from a different supplier but the shell and overlays are all from KIRAD so will look virtually identical!
1f4e47db-087f-6f30.jpg

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Wow, that's coming along well now. I'll look forward to seeing this in the flesh when it's done...

That guy at Twist Grip near you has a Smokey and the Bandit style Trans Am on the go as well lol. I think he's just going to make it standard white. It used to be a track pace car when it was in America iirc.

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Wow, that's coming along well now. I'll look forward to seeing this in the flesh when it's done...

That guy at Twist Grip near you has a Smokey and the Bandit style Trans Am on the go as well lol. I think he's just going to make it standard white. It used to be a track pace car when it was in America iirc.

Yeah he has, went and had a nosey at it couple of months back.... Stunning! Immaculate inside n out. All reupholstered and looking like new!!!

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Just to let you all know this Saturday at castleford xscape it's the Knightcon festival! 100s of tv and film cars on display including kitt, KARR, the batmobile, ecto 1 and many more! Sadly as mines not ready it's not going to be there but it's deffo worth a visit and it's totally free! Just thought i would let you all know :)

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Well Knightcon was amazing. VIP night on Friday got to meet Peter parros who played RC3, Rebecca Holden who played April and Michael Scheffe who designed KITT!!
Here are a few pics. Was great to be able to meet those guys in the flesh and mingle with all the other owners and vendors and discuss things face to face! Anyway here's a few piccys
Simons kitt at night!! Wow!!
bume6umy.jpg

That's my friend Simons kitt. Stunning!!
dypu4yne.jpg

Me and Peter Parros!
egasa5u9.jpg

The lovely Rebecca Holden posing on KITT
2ajenama.jpg

Me sat in Simons KITT
zevenu7u.jpg

Peter Parros signing someone's KITT
penyjuhe.jpg

Peter meeting Simon
my5e4ygy.jpg

All the owners with an amazing convertible KITT
gy2y6ypy.jpg

Peter Parros in the Tardis lol
gu5e2ehu.jpg

Iron Man and my friend as robocop lol
yru4ate5.jpg

Got loads more if you want to see them
Lol. There on my pc though so will do that tommorrow :)

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Yeah it was ace! And all the owners cars were protected this year to avoid prying hands lol. Only the sponsors and vendors cars could be walked up to and poked lol

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Well yeah it's become an annual event. Used to be just a handful of cars in a car park in Halifax and its blossomed into europes largest knight festival. Should be around the same time again next year. Probably at castleford again :)

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Apologies for the bug gap in updates. Sadly for the last few weeks I've not been able to do much with the car due to losing my job and being very skint. However I do have some updates!

I have managed to secure on a payment plan genuine correct pmd seats. There in great condition. Wrong colour but would be having them recovered anyway so that's not too bad!
9yty5y7y.jpg

Also my overlays for the dash electronics are finished and managed to secure new headlight bezels and new correct screen accurate doorcards too.

Hopefully if i can manage to scour the money from somewhere I'm also looking at a set of genuine turbocast wheels from Canada too.

As for the dash I have all the stuff j need except the shell and the money to pay for it to be built professionally. That's £800 alone.

Sooner I can get a well paid full time job the sooner I can get this car to some level of finished!!!

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Just worked it out what i need money wise :(

Owed to KIRAD for overlays/headlight bits/doorcards/switchpods - £325
PMD's - £480
Turbocasts - £360
Dash and Build - £800

Total - £1965 to practically finish the car

Then or course mot tax and insurance

FML!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I'm so glad you've got the proper seats, although the ones you've got now are half decent lookalikes,
they were always a compromise, alot of the shows scenes were in the car so the seats were very prominent,
so getting the proper ones is a good move imo.

Sorry to hear about your job, but hopefully you'll get back on your feet soon.

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Yeah the lookalike seats are okay until your parked next to another KITT and then its horribly obvious! Same with the wheels too!

and yeah fingers crossed I wont be out of work long, although in this climate who knows :S

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Had to take wheel off to put replacement bowling ball on today so popped the ridiculous spare on for a minute. It's hilarious. I'd be terrified drivin with it on!!!
rebe9e8a.jpg