ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The biggest/most impressive engine failure ive seen...........

172 Race Car
...........In the metal

306 1.9D It went on the M5 near Strensham services covering the middle lane with oil (so much so they had to get the gritting lorry out to try and soak it up)

IMAGE_310.gif

IMAGE_314.gif

IMAGE_313.gif

IMAGE_312.gif

Number 1 piston made a bid for freedom at 3,500rpm and succeeded. Punched its way through the side of the block and smashed the alternator, power steering pump and a/c compressor off the side of the engine. Then obliterated the sump before killing the windscreen of the Van following behind in lane 3 and bouncing off the bonnet and roof of a civic in lane 1.

Mightily impressed, seen many an engine stick a 'leg out of bed' but this one is a 10 out of 10.

The fucker still turned over and tried to run too!

172 Race Car
Peugeot diesels........just better ;)

In the past ive picked inlet/exhaust valves and camshaft lobes up off the hard shoulder that belonged to a Pajero and found a gudgeon pin wedgeed in the exhaust down pipe of an MR2.

Pure comedy, if ever I have an engine let go I want it to be like this, none of this knocking then sezied pansy style failures

ITB'd MK1
I took an engine out of a 200sx a few years back that'd thrown a rod. Found some bits in the bay, then found another rod (not from this engine) wedged under the engine mount....um jinxed car LOL

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Impressive stuff.

Those crazy fools at Peugeot, trying to run engines at those kinds of speeds. It's a disaster waiting to happen haha !

172 Race Car
Re: ...........

I reckon it would of still started but she had been having trouble with the glow plugs recently

Worst I've seen was about 8 years ago. 750iL the owner thought was a sub, hit a ford at about 40 mph sucked about a pint of water into all 12 bores went hydraulic and spat 4 pistons/rods out. 2 out of the sump 2 out of either side of the block, lol

Worst I've seen was about 8 years ago. 750iL the owner thought was a sub, hit a ford at about 40 mph sucked about a pint of water into all 12 bores went hydraulic and spat 4 pistons/rods out. 2 out of the sump 2 out of either side of the block, lol

Would have paid to have seen that! DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIVE!

53 Clio's & counting
Best iv ever seen was when i were a car salesman,i sold a 525i to a builders son (18 year old) and two weeks later it turned up on a recovery lorry, so i asked him what happened:

'well it lost power and wouldn't rev over 5k, so i pulled over and spent about 5 mins reving it to clear it but it got worse'

Well whipped off the head, and it had snapped a valve head clean off, and was ratting round in cylinder one, and had worn a perfect hole though the top of the piston, and the top of the con rod was visible

Not bad there Jay, new engine or just scrap the car? lol