ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Bora.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Used acid or etch primer. Comes in a red tin. Its meant to be what you use for alloy wheels or something. Just worked through grits. Using wet and dry paper between coats etc.

Chears gally.

You're meant to high build prime over the top of etch primer, ideally. Etch just acts as a middle man as high build doesn't like sticking to bare metal. Etch sticks to metal, high build sticks to the etch. Kinda sounds like you've not left one of the coats to dry properly though, if one doesn't dry it f*cks the rest of them up.

Flushness is good, huge difference with the alloys on.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I think you're right. Didn't really give it much time to dry! Gunna try a random colour next.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Just trying it. Not sure myself. Ignore the crappy paintjob ;)

4889081086_50580b240b.jpg

4888486575_7e48fc96d4.jpg

4888488157_2bd3c6a61d.jpg

4889085658_fa21a9cfc4.jpg

looks awesome(ish)... well as awesome as a bora could look ;)

why dont u get some cream vynil on the car too, much like the chap that got his bird to marker pen all the tribal stuff onto his skyline (iirc)... obviously only do it in flashes here and there, i think it would look 'dope'... thats the correct word yes?

and lose the love heart wheelwh0re thing, its about as original as 'bigbrother series 32'

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
LOL I got it because that and the "I <3 speedbumps" Stickers are covering up stone chips quite nicely ;)

Really liked that Skyline you're on about. Would be cool if i had the cream interior. Not entirely sure about it, was thinking something like this colour for the wheels (Purple Velvet)...
3515215713_3471875f12.jpg

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
It's down there cable tied to the grill so for pictures i can just pop the grille out and it has no plate :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Wheels look mint in creme, get them all done :)

Also need to colour code of smooth the bump strips.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I'm paying off the wheels and taking a shot at smoothing the np recess next month so colour coding will come with that. :)

The wheels look mazzin !!!

May i suggest, painting the front badge the same colour ? And put the No plate back, velcro maybe ?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
It just unclips with the grille. My mate does the same on his MK4 Golf....

(one on the right)

4847625582_5b5e811c4d.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Wheels look fecking mint Jason.

Keep it up with them, a really good choice in beige.

If you need some part worn tyres for them, (I know tyres won't be cheap) I may know somewhere.

The wheels look s**t hot. Even in silver it gives it abit more of a posh german vibe.

Really don't like the roof bars, all abit unnecessary imo.

Porsche front seats?

Integra Type-R DC2
I love how this thread started with everyone ripping this car to pieces, now people are slowly coming around to it. Good on you dude.

Any plans to de-badge the front grille?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Loving the cream wheels! Looks brilliant.

Although the wheelw0res sticker and numberplate location look a bit too 'tryhard' for me.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Loving the cream wheels! Looks brilliant.

Although the wheelw0res sticker and numberplate location look a bit too 'tryhard' for me.

Number plate is Cable Tied to a grill so I can just pop it off as and when I want really. Also the recess for the plate is getting smoothed asap. Keeps the local Police happy anyway! And as said it's covering up some gash paintwork :p

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I'm s**t at it and I used an entire 300ml Can of "Lada Cream" on one wheel, and didn't cover it well at all.

mx5
Purple velvet would clash with the green in a big way! the cream really does suit it though.

Take it you are enjoying this car more than the gt? good move getting something you could modify etc, played

I'm s**t at it and I used an entire 300ml Can of "Lada Cream" on one wheel, and didn't cover it well at all.

Well by the time you get to No4 you should be pretty good.

Then if your unhappy with the others re do them. Just takes practise.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
More arch work and a chassis notch = more lows ;)

And I've started again on that cream wheel. Trying a different colour. Yes, Purple. And I f**king love it so far. Will see how it looks on the car later on probably.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
I love how this thread started with everyone ripping this car to pieces, now people are slowly coming around to it. Good on you dude.
Any plans to de-badge the front grille?

was going to say something similar, there are alot of narrow minded people on here, also alot that seem to dislike jason for being opinionated honest....i can honestly say he's a c*nt beacause i've met him....lol

Number plate is Cable Tied to a grill so I can just pop it off as and when I want really. Also the recess for the plate is getting smoothed asap. Keeps the local Police happy anyway! :p

lol...stop being a pussy and just remove the front plate all together...i won't tell my mum honestly

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
was going to say something similar, there are alot of narrow minded people on here, also alot that seem to dislike jason for being opinionated honest....i can honestly say he's a c*nt beacause i've met him....lol

lol...stop being a pussy and just remove the front plate all together...i won't tell my mum honestly

LOL

Clio 182 + Mini
The purple COULD look the dogs danglers.. but not on green car. The cream colour looks sweeeeeeet on the green car. Go with the cream imo

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Yeah, I really like the colour and I love the way it clashes tbh :p But I think the cream will be the final choice.