ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Bora.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
looks good with cream wheels and dont do paint splatter ive just done it on the megane, look in my thread, looks awesome!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
true. Looks like you've just dribbled it over instead of flicking the paintbrush?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
5021226924_d1de4175b7.jpg

5020617069_24e4aae8ee.jpg

5021225196_a985c5008a.jpg

5021224400_6eeb2d124c.jpg

Poverty Poke™

Last edited:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
What's going on with the cream wheels? Have you currently got one purple one cream and two silver?

Apart from not having cream wheels, the car's looking really quite nice, not OTT. If you did the wheels cream I think a cream roof rack would look mint. (I'd have it powder coated so it didn't scratch mind)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Currently I have 1 Purple wheel LOL!

Not going to bother giving them a proper refurb as the winter is rolling in, so was going to matt black them with a luminous paint splatter on them. Just to be a little less boring. Then next spring will pay for a decent refurb! :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'd just spray that purple wheel up in silver, if you get a slightly different silver colour, spray the one on the same side too. Looks pretty smart in silver IMO.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I'd just spray that purple wheel up in silver, if you get a slightly different silver colour, spray the one on the same side too. Looks pretty smart in silver IMO.
Yeah, but I wanna do something random with them. Might do them properly next year in a nice silver :)
I might buy them wheels for my Golf.

Audi TT Turbines mate. Plenty of reps on ebay! :)

Trophy #490
Coming along nicely! Out of interest, do you get a lot of attention from the police with regards to the front registration plate? I've always toyed with the idea of taking mine off for some reason! Think it was Christopher on here who posted a photo of his Racing Blue without a plate on, and it looked brilliant!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Coming along nicely! Out of interest, do you get a lot of attention from the police with regards to the front registration plate? I've always toyed with the idea of taking mine off for some reason! Think it was Christopher on here who posted a photo of his Racing Blue without a plate on, and it looked brilliant!

Not really, I've been pulled once for it, and even then they just asked why it wasn't on the front and left me to it. But everyone else I know have had theirs off for over a year with no problems. As long as it's in the window they aren't too fussy.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Haven't read all the thread, so sorreh if these have been mentioned,

Did you get a shallow sump, or a sump guard? Most people say the shallowER sumps are better, as the guard itself decreases ground clearance even more. I assume ARB and Drop Links have been removed?

Did you get the chassis notched for driveshaft clearance?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Haven't read all the thread, so sorreh if these have been mentioned,

Did you get a shallow sump, or a sump guard? Most people say the shallowER sumps are better, as the guard itself decreases ground clearance even more. I assume ARB and Drop Links have been removed?

Did you get the chassis notched for driveshaft clearance?

All that's been done is a removal of the ARB. Want a chassis notch soon though!.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Lol you running that low on a standard sump? Mine scrapes the floor over bumps in the road on standard height! ( MK4 Golf) And with Coilovers being bought next week I def need a solution there LOL

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
You have a TDI engine though mate, lower sump. Mines not bad but the dogbone mount is lower so i scuff that first. It's all about driving carefully tbh! You get used to it :)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
V5 is one of the lowest, Kissing the floor as standard haha! 2.0 is a bit crap too. 1.4 and 1.6's sit quite well. Still have scuffs on mine mind you!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Jason, could you tell me who's going to do your arches? Need mine done desperatly!

Arches have been done (Forgot to put that too). It's a friend who does it for people local so probably useless to you mate!

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'd be very surprised to see any TDi sump scrape on the floor over 'normal' road bumps when standard ride height.

Engine raiders are the future though. Gives the sump 2" of clearance which means that the subframe takes all the abuse - and they can take abuse!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah mate but she still taps time to time and it's ruined from when I didnt have them

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Theres an awful lot of chit chat and not a lot of updating going on in here...

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Update: Daniel takes it in the batty. And likes it too. ;)

Seriously though I'm a poor student, haven't got much money but come payday things will change.

5026019595_9459a48514.jpg

More poke than viagr
Arches have been done (Forgot to put that too). It's a friend who does it for people local so probably useless to you mate!

Im only about 30mins away from you, oxford yeah? If he can do them cheap enough ill drive to his house, struggling to find anyone local to do them for me :( If you could ask him that'd be great :D

And i loved the cream wheels btw ;)