ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Bora.

Quite like the cream and the purple tbh, and if I was you I would keep them purple as they will be easier to keep clean, lol

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I can understand the thinking behind the purple and it does look quite cool, but the cream just looked "right"

Although I'm not you, so I cannot really say, I think the cream gives the car exactly the look you're going for.

mx5
great minds jason ;)
4.jpg

I think the cream looked much better on the green though if Im honest, dont do too much cream though, so many people overdo the colours.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Yeah, the only thing I don't like about cream is that it's on 18's and too much cream looks a bit gash. I really like how the colour looks too. Ford Purple Velvet.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Chears matey :) And I'm still undecided. Plus I've run outta money this month thanks to my windscreen fail haha.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
knowing you have hellaflush or fatlace stickers on your car seriously makes me want to go remove mine...

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Rob, I love your Mrs.

And because I am w**k at reburbing. On a scale of 1 to s**t I am definatly Jedward when it comes to refurbs.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
What are you f**king up mate? It's not that difficult after some practice tbh, it's more about patience than anything else.

Clean off.

Sand down, thoroughly, don't be afraid to start off with metal files/very harsh paper.

Clean, big time, remove all grease and s**te.

Primer, three layers at least, thin-ish coats, don't let it get thick and run, 15 minutes inbetween, leave to dry for 24 hours.

If there are any imperfections, sand these back, and re-primer, leave for 24 hours...

Once you're happy with this, paint, at least three coats, same as the primer, not too thick, no runs, leave for 24 hours.

If you mess it up, just sand back lightly, one more coat over the top. Leave for 24 hours again.

Lacquer, this time, not 15 minutes inbetween coats, just until it's tacky. Two/three coats.

Last edited:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
LOL at the edit reason.

Not gunna lie, I'm a lazy b*****d. Can I just Nitro Mors the s**tty paint job i've already done? Because its really annoying to sand down as its all weird and sticky and peelable.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You can, but then you'll have to a) prep the bare metal, and b) primer quite a bit. (get some high build)

You must have really done a s**t job! LOL! Sounds like you didn't wait inbetween stages? i.e the 24 hours?

close the thread then if your a lazy b*****d and stop wasting peoples time.

on the other hand, man the f**k up, live a little instead of *****ing about like some middle england schoolboy by doing something special and get fellow internet and car adoring tossers respect.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
LOOOL. I'm more interested in the mechanics and wokring around problems and stuff. This stuff does bore me, but if it's got to be done...

And yes mate I didn't wait, I just wanted the colour on to see how it looked. I will give it a proper go next time ;). I used etch primer before, then normal primer on top.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
knowing you have hellaflush or fatlace stickers on your car seriously makes me want to go remove mine...

Safely say if you have Hellaflush stickers on yours jason you shal be stuck down. Thus why i only rock illest n ecaltaf

Safely say if you have Hellaflush stickers on yours jason you shal be stuck down. Thus why i only rock illest n ecaltaf

Is flushness not enough to deserve Hellaflush stickers then? Genuine question btw, I have zero idea about the whole hellaflush "scene", just know it looks fecking cool and I've got an itch to try it out on something slow.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
People get really snobby and arsey about the stickers being put on cars that aren't insanely flush. Mine is as flush as my arches/ driveshaft will allow for now anyway. Roll on payday!